This Easy Snacks for Kids Road Trip Snacks Kit Iddea was sponsored by Nabisco as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Our family travels a lot to visit family in Idaho and Wyoming. Those trips are pretty standard for our travel distance averaging about 3-4 hours to each destination.
But during those trips, we have found ourselves engaged in a snack war. With one bag of snacks, child 1 asks for a snack. Then child 2. Then child 3. Child 4 finally asks for some. All just in time for Child 1 to ask for more snacks. And so it continues round and round, for the entire trip.
I don’t know about you, but this mama gets pretty tired of being on snack duty for 3-4 hours straight. There has to be a better way right?
Make Road Trip Snack Kits – Easy Snacks for Kids
The other day I stumbled across our little bento lunch box. And it got me thinking. How much simpler would it be if each child had their own road trip snacks kit?
No more “MOM! Can I have another…” every five minutes.
If they each had their own little road trip snack kit, it would keep them occupied, and me free to read, or to navigate for the husband.
But how to create it?
I’ve tried ziplock bags. But then all the snacks get crushed during the trip.
I’ve tried a little lunch box, but all the snacks get mixed together and then the picky ones complain.
Then I saw the husband’s game utility box. A semi see-through plastic container that lets you adjust each compartment to the size you need.
You can find various sizes of utility boxes at Walmart for just a few dollars. Pretty inexpensive. And yet they are durable and last trip after trip after trip!
Plus you can grab them at the same time you are picking up all the NABISCO treats and fruit for your trip all at the same time!
After giving an initial wash and dry, simply insert the dividers to create individual compartments to the size you want.
Easy Road Trip Snacks For Kids
When it comes to filling up the snack compartments, you have a lot of freedom here.
I like to give my kids choices in snacks when we travel. I like a balance of fun snacks and a little more health conscious. And all snacks need to be finger food friendly.
Make sure you have a compartment big enough for a juice box. Or if the drink they want is too big for the box, that can simply be added to the side.
Don’t forget a napkin or wet wipe of some kind. Traveling and snacks can get a little messy.
Fill in the various compartments with your kid’s favorite fruit and your favorite NABISCO products.
NABISCO products have been a favorite of mine my entire life.
I especially have fond memories of riding my bike over to the local post office and trading store to buy Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids with my allowance. These were penny candies back then.
Now they are still the treat my kids ask for every trip we take. But those aren’t the only NABISCO products we like to include.
Other favorites to add include:
- Family Size RITZ Crackers
- Family Size Honey Maid Grahams
- Family Size CHIPS AHOY!
- Family Size OREO Cookies
- Family Size WHEAT THINS Snacks
- Family Size TRISCUIT Crackers
- NILLA Wafers
- Sour Patch Kids
- Swedish Fish
I try to have a nice balance between sweet, salty, and fruit in our easy snack kits for kids. So I get some crackers, some cookies, some gummy candies, and easy finger food fruit. Plus some string cheese. Because what kid says no to string cheese?
For the younger kids, you can simply create a small snack kit with a smaller utility box.
For the older kids, I let them put their own snack box together, picking their favorites from the choice platter I set out.
Once all the snack kits are completed, they can easily be snapped shut and packed up for the drive.
Easy as that! Now whenever the kids want a snack, they each have their own little easy snack box they can enjoy as they please.
Now, many times we have leftovers once the kids get their snack kits packed. There are three very easy options for the leftover treats.
- pack up the extra treats, and let the kids remake their trip snack kit for the drive home.
- Put the extras into the pantry for later.
- Let the kids have an easy movie party or outdoor water party with friends before the road trip.
You already have the snacks on hand. Just put them into easy party trays, and let the kids invite a few friends over to play in the water. Simple, easy and the kids love it!
To help make your Summer sweeter, Nabisco is hosting a
- Prize: a chance to WIN $10,000! Plus chances to INSTANTLY win daily prizes!
- Date: Ends 11:59 ET September 5, 2018
- Snap a photo of you and your friends/family enjoying NABISCO products (products must be shown in photo)
- Share via social with #snacknshare #sweepstakes for your chance to win $10,000 and other daily prizes.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to residents of the 50 United States, D.C., and Puerto Rico, 18 and older. Sponsor, related entities, their families and those living in the same household are ineligible. Ends 11:59 pm ET on 9/5/18. Void where prohibited.
- Visit www.nabiscosnacknshare.com to play and for details including free method of entry.
- *Giveaway conducted by I-C and Nabisco. BusyCreatingMemories is not responsible for prize winnings delivery.
Stock up your favorite NABISCO snacks all summer long at Walmart and don’t forget to enter the sweepstakes!
What are your best road trip snack ideas this summer?
LIKE OUR EASY SNACKS FOR KIDS TRAVEL KIT IDEA?
BE SURE TO PIN AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
You may also enjoy this easy
Eating Around the Table Beginners Guide to Easy Homemade Family Dinners
Discover the ideas, recipes, and strategies to easy homemade family friendly dinners and how to create memories around the table.
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Quick & Easy Mexican Dirty Rice Recipe your kids will love - August 10, 2018
- The Best Toasted Roast Beef Caprese Sandwich Recipe - August 1, 2018
- The Best Low Sugar No-Cook Strawberry Freezer Jam - July 25, 2018