This post has been compensated by Mirum and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Try Wonder Woman Inspired mother goose popcorn at your next party & become a superhero! This old-fashioned popcorn has a sugary shell & is a favorite of kids & adults alike.
Growing up, mother goose popcorn was one of my all-time favorites. My own personal Wonder Woman, AKA my MOM, would always make up a batch whenever I had a friend over for parties, playdates or sleepovers.
And it was always a crowd pleaser! Though we called it granny corn. But when trying to research granny corn, I found granny corn is more popularly known for an actual old-fashioned creamed corn recipe. Not for popcorn.
So I went looking for a more commonly used name for my favorite old-fashioned popcorn treat. That is when I found similar recipes to my Mom’s Recipe using the name mother goose popcorn.
Seeing as this recipe is more commonly known as mother goose popcorn, that is what we will call it.
Mom would make the mother goose popcorn in any color we wanted that day. But today I’m going to make my favorite sweet popcorn a little more special.
Check out our Recipe Video Below to see just how easy it is!
If it has troubles playing, you can also view it on Youtube.
Make your mother goose popcorn Heroic
You see, our entire family is over the moon excited for the new Justice League Movie! My boys stalk Youtube watching all the movie trailers they can get their hands on.
So in preparation for the Justice League Movie launching in theaters November 17, 2017, this recipe is inspired by Wonder Woman in our excitement for the new Justice League Movie.
Taking into consideration the strong patriotic colors, the golden girdle and the lasso of truth, our Wonder Bowl Popcorn is born!
We’re not the only ones excited for the new Justice League movie to reach theaters either. During the Month of November, there are two amazing promotions happening at your local Kroger Co. banner store you do not want to miss!
From now until 11/15/17 save $0.50 on Orville Redenbacher’s 2-3ct packages as part of their “Buy 10 Save $5 Mega Event.” Mix and Match participating items in multiples of 10. Participating item varieties and sizes may vary by store.
Build your own shopping list now for your local Kroger Co. banner:
- Kroger: http://lbx.la/NBKr
- King Soopers: http://lbx.la/yTEK
- Dillons: http://lbx.la/WxJn
- City Market: http://lbx.la/AMPw
- QFC: http://lbx.la/wmuP
- Frys: http://lbx.la/rEAF
- Ralph’s: http://lbx.la/dZAs
- Smith’s: http://lbx.la/KHPX
- Fred Meyer: http://lbx.la/Fq8X
Also, between 11/16/17 – 12/3/17 you can save $0.50/1 on 2-3ct Orville Redenbacher’s. Look for the coupon in the snacks section of the digital coupon site. But you will want to hurry as there are a limited number of coupons and only available while supplies last.
Easy Wonder Power mother goose Popcorn Party Mix
My kids absolutely LOVE Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn. They beg for it every time I go to the store. So since I was stocking up on Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn for the kids anyway, I grabbed an extra box of Classic Bag Butter Popcorn for our recipe.
Once you have all your ingredients collected, it’s time to begin the simple process of creating Wonder Woman Inspired Wonder Bowl Mother Goose Popcorn Party Mix.
- Mother Goose Popcorn
- 2 bags classic butter (regular size) Orville Redenbacher's Popcorn
- 1 cup cream
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Food coloring of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Star Candies in Red, White, Blue and Golden yellow
- Round candy-coated chocolate in Red, White & Blue
- Small round candies in Red, White & Blue
- Red rope licorice
- Star Cupcake Toppers
- Gather all ingredients together
- Combine cream, sugar, and salt into saucepan over medium high heat
- While mixture is cooking, Pop 2 bags Orville Redenbacher's Popcorn (regular size)
- Sift out unpopped kernels and return to large bowl.
- Cook until just below soft ball stage (approximately 5-7 minutes).
- Add food coloring of choice to the color intensity you desire
- Remove from heat and add Vanilla
- Pour mixture over Popcorn
- Gently mix until all popcorn is well coated
- Pour onto wax paper lined cookie sheet
- Spread out and allow to cool/dry
- *repeat until you have three batches of popcorn colored Red, Blue and Yellow
- Once cooled, take a bowl and combine each color of popcorn equally. Mix so colors are well distributed.
- Sprinkle in all candies to the amount you desire.
- top with licorice rope rolled up to represent the Lasso of Truth (or leave the ropes free and mix into the popcorn mix - your choice)
- Finish with Star shaped cupcake toppers poked into the popcorn mix.
- Serve at parties or bag up and share with friends/neighbors. Great choice for Bake Sales as well.
- Repeat Mother Goose Popcorn recipe 3 times and color each batch a different color.
- 90 drops red food coloring
- 65 drops blue food coloring
- 20 drops yellow food coloring.
All together Popcorn fills a 30-quart bowl. Great for large gatherings, bake sales, birthday parties, game night gatherings, movie viewing parties or Halloween parties.
You will love how simple this recipe is! Very few ingredients and each batch of mother goose popcorn is ready in just 10 minutes!
You will be creating 3 batches of the mother goose popcorn. One red, one blue and one yellow. I used 90 drops red food coloring for the Red popcorn, 65 drops of blue food coloring for the blue popcorn and 20 drops yellow food coloring for the yellow popcorn.
So let’s begin!
Bring the cream, sugar, and salt to a boil over medium-high heat in a saucepan.
While the sugar mixture is cooking pop two bags of classic size Butter flavor Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn. Sift out the unpopped kernels and place in a large mixing bowl.
Continue to cook the sugar mixture until just below soft ball stage which is about 230 degrees (approximately 5-7 minutes). Add the food coloring.
Remove from heat and add the vanilla. Then pour over the popcorn.
Gently Mix until all the popcorn is well coated. Pour onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
Spread it out to allow the popcorn to cool.
Repeat making the mother goose popcorn until you have 3 batches made, one red, one blue and one yellow.
Now take a bowl and combine all 3 colors of popcorn equally.
Then gently sift so the colors are well distributed around the bowl.
Sprinkle on top the patriotic candies and star-shaped candies in the desired amount.
Take your licorice rope and roll it in a circle, and tuck the end through the center hole from underneath, so it will keep its shape as the Lasso of Truth. Add as many Licorice Lassos as you would like to the top of your Wonder Bowl Popcorn Party Mix.
To make it, even more, party-ready, add in Star Cupcake Toppers.
Now your Wonder Bowl Party Mix is ready to serve at your Justice League Pre-movie Party!
Become a Superhero by serving mother goose popcorn
Or portion into bags and share with friends/neighbors. It’s also a great choice for Bake Sales.
You can easily make this mother goose popcorn party mix in an inspired theme for any of the Superheroes from Justice League. Simply change the colors of the popcorn and candies to fit the character you want to honor.
Want more Wonder Woman Inspired ideas?
Check out the Do Popcorn Justice Pinterest board.
And be sure to enter the sweepstakes below!
Simply follow these 3 easy steps.
- Pin my recipe to your Pinterest board, or find your favorite here.
- Include the hashtags #orvillepopcornjustice in your pin description.
- Log into the sweepstakes widget using your Pinterest account and finish entering.
And check out the other ways to enter.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Sweepstakes.
Then come back tomorrow and do it again for more entries! You can enter once per day per method.
How will you enjoy this Wonder Bowl Mother Goose Popcorn?
What is your favorite Popcorn?
Be sure to Pin my recipe to your Pinterest board by clicking on the Pin It button or find your favorites HERE.
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- How to Prevent Summer Learning loss in 15 minutes a day. - June 10, 2019
- Easy Picnic Food Ideas to complete your summer - June 7, 2019
- The Best Ever Easy No Bake Cheesecake Recipe - May 22, 2019