A sweet and Tart Currant Muffins Recipe
So let me share with you our Currant Muffin Recipe; in the chance that you ARE familiar with Currants and would like some more ideas on what to actually DO with them! This is actually one of our favorite recipes. It’s a deliciously sweet and tart breakfast muffin. And our currant muffins recipe is perfect to please the entire family. It’s a lot less sweet than a typical muffin you will find in a bakery so truly makes a hearty breakfast.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (we use Olive oil..because well..we use Olive oil for EVERYTHING)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 cups Frozen Currant berries (not processed, un-stemmed, washed and frozen whole)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease Muffin cups or use paper liners.
- Beat egg, stir in milk and oil.
- Sift flour and measure and add Sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine Dry ingredients with the egg mixture.
- Stir until the flour is moistened.
- Batter should be slightly lumpy. Don't over mix.
- Gently Fold in still frozen Currant Berries. If you like a lot of berries in your muffins add a full 2 cups; if you like less, only add 1 cup.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy!
Let me know what YOUR favorite way to use Currants are!
Have you tried our Currant muffins recipe? What did you think? Let us know!