Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are my absolute favorite thing about Autumn. Yes, I love all the scents, colors and flavors that accompany the autumn season. But the roasted pumpkin seeds are still my favorite.
I dream of these roasted pumpkin seeds all year long. So I love when the pumpkins start showing up in the stores or they turn a nice orange color in the garden.
I grow pumpkins solely so I can make these roasted pumpkin seeds!
The ever coveted Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
In our area you can only get pumpkins right before Halloween. For some reason even though on Halloween Day there are Hordes of Pumpkins everywhere in the stores; the day after Halloween they are all gone.
Taking with them the precious Pumpkin Seeds. I don’t know why stores don’t carry pumpkins longer!
Especially since we still have Thanksgiving coming up! You know you can’t have Thanksgiving without the traditional Pumpkin Pie (even though I do not like pumpkin Pies..we still have to have one).
But I digress… the Pumpkin Seeds are my Favorite part of the entire Pumpkin. And seeing as I can only get them during Halloween Season; they are also my favorite part of Halloween for me too.
Yes, I know you can “buy” processed pumpkin seeds year round, but they just aren’t the same!
So I wanted to share with you, our favorite Recipe for Roasting your pumpkin seeds; that make a most delicious Snack food: and to help prevent any one ever “tossing” those precious seeds out again!
Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe and Tutorial
STEP 2: The Pumpkin seeds Float, thus making it easier to separate the Seeds from the “pulp” of the Pumpkin. Place all seeds in a strainer; and discard the pulp. Rinse the seeds, and lay them out on paper Towels and pat dry.
STEP 3: Follow the RECIPE:
- Preheat Oven to 250 Degrees F.
- Place Pumpkin Seeds in a bowl; add Worcestershire Sauce, Butter, and Seasoned Salt.
- Stir until all seeds are well coated.
- Spread evenly on a large Cookie sheet and lightly sprinkle with Sea Salt.
- Bake in Oven 1-2 Hrs.
- Stir Seeds occasionally while "roasting" and spread evenly again on the cookie sheet before returning to baking; to ensure an even roast on all seeds.
- When finished Seeds should be Golden and crisp to the touch, but not so much so that they are hard.
- Let cool slightly and then enjoy!
Be sure to have your Water on hand, as they do have a tendency to make you thirsty.
If you’ve tried our Recipe; we’d love to hear how it went! Was it a hit? Don’t forget to Pin our recipe, or share it in other ways!
We always fight over the Pumpkin seeds in our family as we all LOVE them.
What is the tradition with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds in YOUR family??
- DIY Bird Nest Necklace Tutorial - May 14, 2020
- Homemade AfterSun Sunburn Relief Gel with Essential oils - April 29, 2020
- Wholesome Fruit Filled Breakfast Cereal Bars Recipe - March 21, 2020