Hungry? In just 15 minutes & 6 ingredients, you can make the best gourmet restaurant-style toasted hot roast beef Caprese sandwich recipe & bring a taste of Europe to your table.
Did you know we used to live in Europe? The husband used to be in the US Army and we were stationed in Germany for 3 years. I absolutely loved it there. But one thing I really struggled with since coming back to the USA is missing the food we’d enjoy over there.
Although I have yet to get our favorite foods exactly as they were in Europe, I have come close on a few different recipes. Europe processes their meats differently, and the bread is VERY different than what you get in the USA. But sometimes I can get close.
While we lived in Germany we took advantage of the opportunity to travel. You can bet we made a quick trip to Paris, France. And let me tell you, it did NOT disappoint. While there we tried some sandwich shops for lunch. And boy oh boy, their food is amazing!
Today’s recipe is one of those “almost there” recipes! A tasty treat from the Paris, France region, that is also found in various other European areas. I’m not even sure of the authentic name, but it is DELICIOUS!
Why a Toasted Hot Roast Beef Caprese Sandwich?
I’ve searched all over the internet for what this is authentically called. I’ve asked friends, family, and associates who have traveled. No one knows for certain. BUT, I’ve found a few “close” sandwiches.
This tasty Toasted Hot Roast Beef Caprese Sandwich could be categorized as:
- Rinderbraten Sandwich
- Roast Beef Po-boy Sandwich
- Rezept Roastbeef-Sandwich
- Grilled Roast Beef Sandwich
- Toasted Roast Beef sandwich
- Sauerbraten sandwich
- Grinder Sandwich
- Debris PoBoy
- hot roast beef sandwich
- Caprese Sandwich
- Roast Beef Hogie Sandwich
I could go on and on. This is so similar to all those types of Roast Beef Sandwiches, but yet still just enough different that it really doesn’t fit into any one category.
But no matter what you call it, one thing is certain; this Hot Roast Beef Caprese Sandwich will make your mouth sing!
How to make an easy Toasted Hot Roast Beef Caprese Sandwich
So let me show you the magic of making this insanely easy Toasted Hot Roast Beef Caprese Sandwich.
- 1 French Bread, beget, or ciabattaa loaf.
- 1 lb Natural Nitrate/nitrite free Roast Beef thinly sliced
- 1 lb Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 2-4 Tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Shredded Lettuce
- Freshly Sliced Tomatoes (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bread in half.
- Place both halves on cookie sheet.
- Layer fresh roast beef slices evenly across both layers of bread
- Slice fresh mozzarella cheese
- Place Mozzarella cheese on top of roast beef
- Toast in oven for 10-20 minutes or until cheese is melted, roast beef is warm and bread is lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven
- Layer both sides of the bread with sliced tomatoes (optional) and as much shredded lettuce as you prefer.
- Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette dressing across the lettuce as much or as little as you prefer.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice into individual servings.
- And serve.
- This hot Roast beef Caprese sandwich can be eaten as an open faced sandwich or combine two halves to create a more traditional toasted hogie sandwich
- You control the portions of how much roast beef slices, lettuce, cheese, tomato, and dressing is added.
- If you prefer spicy foods, you can substitute mozzarella cheese for spicy pepperjack. But it's best with the fresh mozzarella cheese.
- You will want the freshest, most natural roast beef possible.
- If you have it available Rinderbraten (German roast beef) thickly sliced is the most authentic.
- If you are short on time, grab fresh Italian Roast Beef from the deli at the grocery store and have it thinly sliced for sandwiches.
- Feel Free to add Sliced red onions for a little kick in flavor
KETO Friendly Toasted Hot Roast Beef Caprese Sandwich
- Place Sliced Roast beef on the cookie sheet next to the rest of the sandwich, and toast it with the mozzarella cheese. Then cut up and place in a salad or bed of vegetables. The husband really likes it with asparagus.
- Make Cloud bread and use that in place of the French bread/ciabatta bread.
LIKE OUR TOASTED HOT ROAST BEEF CAPRESE SANDWICH RECIPE?
BE SURE TO PIN AND SHARE THIS TOASTED HOT ROAST BEEF CAPRESE SANDWICH RECIPE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Sweeten your Valentine’s Day with new OREO Flavors! - February 13, 2019
- Easy Chicken Casserole Recipe – Bacon Chicken Rosa Bake - February 12, 2019
- How to Make German Pancakes Recipe - January 29, 2019