This last week there was an awesome sale on chicken breasts. So I took advantage of it. And then ended up with some chicken in the fridge that needed to be used and not a lot of time to do something with it. The kids were hungry. The husband was hungry. The kitchen was already a mess and I had very little space to prepare dinner. I needed something easy, quick and yummy! Homemade Chicken Nuggets it is then!
Kids LOVE Chicken Nuggets
I love the homemade chicken nuggets because you can get the kids involved! It’s really easy to do. And they can help prepare the food. Because as studies have shown if kids help to prepare the food, they are far more likely to eat it. Not whine that they don’t like it. And eat better. Plus they learn valuable skills for when they grow up and move out onto their own.
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1-2 lbs chicken breast diced
- 1 package Shake N Bake (extra crunchy variety)
- 1 tsp McCormick California Style Garlic Pepper
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy nonstick baking and quick clean up
- Dice Chicken into nugget sized portions
- Melt butter in microwave safe dish
- Combine Shake N Bake and Garlic pepper in pie dish.
- Dip Chicken into melted butter until well coated
- Transfer to Shake N Bake mixture and well coat the chicken again.
- Place on Baking sheet
- Continue until all chicken is used up.
- If you did mostly small pieces you may need to melt more butter part way through.
- Bake at 400 Degrees for 30-40 minutes based on how crispy you want your nuggets.
Another thing I love about homemade chicken nuggets is that I know exactly what is going into our chicken nuggets! No hidden mystery meat in our chicken thank you!
It’s always best when using Farm Fresh Chicken. I buy my meat in bulk through a community Co-op called The Savory Butcher. I’m able to get superior quality products at a better price than our local grocery stores can offer.
The meat arrives FRESH from the Farm, never frozen and the chicken is already hand trimmed! So it’s immediately ready to be used, canned or frozen!
If you want High Quality Chicken, Ground Hamburger and Bacon – for less than you pay at the store, you need Savory Butcher!
They just launched from beta testing, and are working on adding new states/cities to their delivery routes. If you want to help get Savory Butcher to your area quickly, Join the community leader program in your area. This will help them see where the service is wanted and they can get to you faster.
Plus what kid doesn’t love chicken nuggets? Now you can make their favorite food, but only a lot healthier! And yet it still tastes AMAZING!
Now to begin, it’s really easy.
Take your chicken breasts with your cutting board and a high quality slicing knife. Seriously a sharp slicing knife specially designed for cutting meat makes all the difference in how easy these are to make! It is the difference of fighting with your meat for 20 minutes to end up with a shredded mess. Or cut up all your meat in under 5 minutes with the most precise slices! Get a Slicing knife! You won’t regret it!
Slice your chicken breasts into nugget sized pieces.
Melt your butter in a microwave safe dish. And then combine the Shake N Bake (extra crunchy variety) with seasonings into a pie dish.
Now you have a production line.
Have one kid place the chicken pieces into the melted butter and flip it around until it is well coated in the butter.
Then move it into the Shake N Bake and seasoning mixture. Flip the chicken over and around until the chicken is well coated.
Place the chicken nuggets onto the baking sheet.
Cook at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until golden and chicken is crunchy to your liking.
When done, serve with baked fries, or a salad, or fresh fruit salad!
What you will end up with is a delicious dinner that everyone will love. Kids will be happy. The taste is “adult” enough that even the parents will love it.
Don’t stand on ceremony! Serve it up on paper plates! Give yourself the night off from dishes! Cause remember the kitchen is messy enough already. Why make it worse right?
Now watch your kids enjoy a dinner they helped create! And they will think you are the coolest mom on the planet! Maybe even the galaxy!
Love Chicken Recipes Check out these other Popular Chicken dishes we have! They are quite popular and family friendly.
- Italian Baked Chicken
- Chicken Carbonara
- Slow Cooker Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan
- Mac & Cheese Chicken Casserole
- Easy Apple Cider Vinegar Grilled Chicken
- Sesame Chicken Stir Fry
- Fancy Chicken
What would you pair with our homemade chicken nuggets?
- Wholesome Fruit Filled Breakfast Cereal Bars Recipe - March 21, 2020
- Easy Thanksgiving Wreath DIY - Cute Turkey for Your Front Door - November 19, 2019
- The secret ingredient to the perfect Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies everytime - October 30, 2019