School is coming to a close very soon and our schedules are getting hectic! That means dinner needs to be easy and delicious. Something that can be whipped up with little effort and still keep the kids excited for dinner. This is when bringing out classic favorites like KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner really rock our world!
I mean what kid didn’t grow up loving KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner? And now it is better than ever with 9g of protein per serving!
How do you normally pair your KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner?
I’ve seen some amazing ideas across the years from adding it to baked potatoes, making mini macaroni & cheese cups and even turning it into a fun macaroni & cheese bar with toppings like bacon, peas, mushrooms and more. And of course there is the traditional taco salad with KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner.
And all of these are awesome ideas for dinner. Seriously they all sound fantastic. But my family has this obsession with chicken. So, to please my hungry little ones I had to go the chicken route and create a Cheesy KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Chicken Casserole! Plus chicken is a lot nicer to my preggo tummy than other options right now.
- 1 box KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 bag frozen petite peas
- 1 can 12.5 oz chicken breast
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese ( your choice of cheese)
- 2 cups cheesy crackers crushed.
- 4 T butter
- Preheat oven 350 Degrees F.
- Spray baking dish and set aside.
- Prepare KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese according to directions.
- In bowl combine all ingredients except the topping
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Combine Cheesy crackers and 4 T melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crackers are crispy and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm
I love that this recipe is so simple to make, and definitely fits into the comfort food category. Plus it’s a great dinner to gather around the table with and enjoy some family time after a rushed and chaotic week.
Begin by preparing the KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner according to the directions on the box.
While the macaroni is cooking you can move on to the rest of the dish. After all we moms are master multi-taskers! Cut up the green onions and press or mince the garlic.
Then combine the green onions, garlic, chicken, peas, sour cream, cheese and prepared KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese into a bowl and stir until well blended. You will also want to make sure you rinse off the frozen petite peas before combining to ensure there are no frost crystals.
Pour it all into a baking dish and ensure it is evenly distributed.
Now prepare the topping by combining crushed cheese flavored crackers with butter.
You definitely don’t want to skimp on the topping! It gives the dish such a fun texture.
Bake for 30 minutes and then you will end up with a delicious complete family dinner that everyone will love!
How would you use KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner to make a complete family dinner?
- DIY Bird Nest Necklace Tutorial - May 14, 2020
- Homemade AfterSun Sunburn Relief Gel with Essential oils - April 29, 2020
- Wholesome Fruit Filled Breakfast Cereal Bars Recipe - March 21, 2020