Easter is fast approaching and if you are like me, you are not so thrilled about all that candy coming into your home! I mean, sheesh, we still have left over Halloween Candy! And that’s after we donated 75% of it to the kid’s classrooms for the teachers to use as rewards! No More Candy! We need different items for our Easter basket ideas.
When it comes to Easter, we like to go low on candy yet still make it memorable for the kids. Each year is different based on the kid’s likes at the time, but we try to have a variety of entertaining items and just a few treats. We know there are many moms out there just like you and me that want to make a fun Easter holiday without so much candy, so we have put together a great list of Easter basket ideas to help give you a variety of options!
This will allow you to still fill the Easter basket, but keep the sugar to a minimum. And don’t be too surprised. There are actually quite a few items that make it onto almost all of the age lists! Because they are so universal and loved by multiple ages. Things like new hair bows for girls, neckties for boys. Socks when needed. Books and DVD’s and items of that nature. So be sure to read each list for ideas that could be applied to your kids at any age.
Easter basket ideas for babies
I always had an easter basket for my babies. Just it was filled with a lot of different items. I would include items such as
- A new blanket
- A new bottle or sippy cup
- A cuddly toy
- Socks & Onsies
- A new spring outfit
- Developmental book or inexpensive toy
- For girls: a new dress and hair bow
- For boys: a new Sunday dress outfit or tie.
- New burp cloth
Easter Basket ideas for Toddlers
With older kids you can start to get items that are more for the kid’s interest. For toddlers you can include
- Crayola Color Wonder coloring supplies. These are brilliant because they don’t color on walls or clothes. Perfect for toddlers that love to draw.
- Play Dough
- bath toys
- Age appropriate books
- DVD- the popular cartoons we all go bananas watching but the toddlers love. We always did Signing Time or Veggie Tales DVDs. Ones that are part of a collection and each year, they would get a new one.
- For Boys: A new Suit or Tie, toy car or super hero, etc
- For Girls: a new dress, hair bow, tights, etc.
- A few pieces of Candy or their favorite chocolate.
- Goldfish Crackers
- Fruit snacks
- Hot wheels
- Side Walk chalk
Easter basket ideas for School age kids
Items begin to be more expensive at this age, but you can still get a variety of easter basket ideas within budget. Just don’t worry about getting everything from our list. A small variety is good.
- Books! This year was easy as our school just opened their book fair so the boys ran home telling me specifically which books they want. So the “Easter Bunny” made a visit to the Book Fair. I get to support the school and get Easter Basket ideas all at once! I usually get character based books that interest the boys. J is even interested in YA fiction books now so a book in this category would be great for him.
- Spring Clothing
- Hot wheels
- Sidewalk Chalk
- New Ties for boys
- New hairbows for girls
- Play makeup
- play nail polish
- Lego sets
- Dollar Store treasures! The kids are still intrigued by items from the Dollar Store toy section. Make a visit to your local dollar store and find lots of easter basket ideas.
- Mini flashlights
- Key chains
- Finger paints
- Sports gear
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss
- Radz Candy + dispenser!
The radz candy dispenser is a new one just this year I’m including. Don’t worry if you haven’t heard about it yet. It’s brand new. But it’s already a huge favorite on the market. Let me briefly explain a little about it so you can see why it’s a HOT item in our Easter basket this year.
Radz provides a blend of tech, treats and creative play! Basically you can get a toy and candy in one! You pull the hat back and the tongue pops out with the candy. The candy is peanut-free, gluten-free and kosher certified.
And then once you are done eating they each also come with a code that you can use to then play online games at RadzWorld . Here they can unlock special apps, games, videos and more! Plus the Radz retail for only $4.99 to $7.99. So you get a toy, a little candy and a video game that kids will go crazy over, for a very reasonable price. See why it’s so popular?
Easter basket ideas for tweens and teens
Many people really struggle with easter basket ideas for their tweens and teens. But really they don’t have to be difficult. Check out these super fun ideas that your tween and teens will love! And yes, I pulled a lot of adults with Teens and even a lot of teens I know for these ideas. So Straight from the tween and teenager’s mouth these ideas came!
- Nail polish
- Nail polish remover
- Fun socks
- Gift cards
- Lip gloss
- Designed Notebooks
- Jelly Beans _ mentioned by multiple teenagers
- Movie Tickets
- CDs or iTunes gift card for music purchases
- Books -yes, even some teens and teens still love to read.
- Faith based Wall art, inspirational posters, etc
- Faith based Books
- Solid Chocolate Bunnies
- Get out of Jail Free Slips. Ok so really it would be little slipping hidden in plastic easter eggs with things like “Get out of doing dishes today” or “Mom helps you clean your room today” type slips. Fun slips that get them out of doing chores or offers your help on select chores. Have dates written on them so the tasks can be easily fit into your schedule, or have your kid redeem them like a coupon. Which ever works best for your household.
- Money! Make it more entertaining and hide the money in the plastic Easter eggs!
No matter the age, there are many ideas that will be sure to fill up the Easter baskets faster than you will imagine!
We often put the goodies for each kid into their Easter Basket and hide the Baskets. They have to go on a hunt around the house in search of their Easter basket that morning. Once hte baskets are found and the spoils enjoyed then we begin the Easter Egg hunt!
Usually their Easter Basket has very little candy if any at all. When it comes to candy; we get those little plastic eggs and put some jelly beans and little chocolates in them. Sixlets are a huge hit in our home. Then we hide those around the yard if the snow has melted. Or around the house if we still have snow. Then we have a family Easter egg hunt. This is where they get the candy for the Holiday. And that is it.
Now, if you are not a USA resident, you have my utmost jealousy! Our favorite item for Easter has always been the Kinder eggs! But they are not legal in the USA. It broke my heart when we moved back to the USA from Germany and I can no longer get them. We always got Kinder eggs for Easter. So Be sure to enjoy a good Kinder egg for me and my kids!
Now you saw that Books were listed quite often. If you are curious about some amazing Easter Centered books to pick from, my friend Nicole from Wyoming Girl Turned Coastie Wife has a great preview post about different books and DVDs you can select for your little kids. For your tweens and teens, I suggest just asking them. No better source than directly from their mouth on what interests them.
Did I miss something?
What are your Easter basket Ideas for your kids?
Eating Around the Table Beginners Guide to Easy Homemade Family Dinners
Discover the ideas, recipes, and strategies to easy homemade family friendly dinners and how to create memories around the table.
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Grab Nabisco Collect to Win Family size Snacks and Score! - October 12, 2018
- The Best Ever Keto Bruschetta Recipe - September 18, 2018
- Best Keto Bread Easy Cloud Bread Recipe - September 17, 2018