This Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake Recipe is brought to you by DairyPure Milk. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Busy Creating Memories.
If you are looking for something delicious to help you with your sugar cravings and feel great, then look no further than our Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake! It’s packed full of protein and tastes great! Kid approved too!
I have suffered from Migraines every since I became a mom. The struggle has been a long road. But through this road, I found some amazing recipes that I call my migraine busting foods.
Because of the balance between carbs and proteins, they help to level out my body and help me with migraines management better. And today’s recipe is my absolute favorite! It tastes amazing, the entire family loves it (yes even the kids beg for this healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter shake recipe).
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake
The key to this is using a lot of natural ingredients. As natural as you can get really. So picking your milk is something to think about. Ideally, we always reach for something without growth hormones. Because if you are battling a migraine the last thing you want is added hormones throwing you off balance!
DairyPure milk features No artificial growth hormones (*No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from cows treated with the artificial growth hormone rbST and non‐rbST‐treated cows.), and it also is tested for antibiotics! Their milk is continuously quality tested to ensure purity, only from cows fed a healthy diet and is cold shipped fresh from your local dairy!
So DairyPure milk is a great choice when picking your milk base for our Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake! You can get DairyPure milk from your local dairy and that is a simple choice for moms!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
Yield 1 serving
Delicious balance of carbs & protein in a breakfast or anytime Migraine busting Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake that also replenishes post workout
- 1 Cup Dairy Pure Milk
- 1 fresh Banana (Optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- 2 Tablespoons Natural Agave Nectar or Granulated Fructose
- 2 Tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter
- 27 Grams Natural Whey Protein Isolate Powder (unflavored)
- Ice Cubes 15-20
- Combine all ingredients in a blender
- Blend until Smooth and the consistency of your choice.
- Add more Ice Cubes if you prefer a thicker shake consistency
- Pour into cup and enjoy
- For the sweetener, we often use Avage Nector or a granulated natural fructose that we find at the health food store. If we are in a pinch I will use Honey. Never an artificial sweetener as these tend to trigger migraines.
- For the Whey Protein Powder, I often use NOW Sports Whey Protein Isolate, unflavored. Always the unflavored as it will also not have additional sweeteners and won't affect the flavor at all. You can also use NOW Sports Pea Protein Powder with good results without affecting the flavor.
- The Banana is totally optional. It adds a smoother texture and gives a slightly sweeter flavor without having to add more sweetener. But if you have someone in your family that doesn't like banana, you can completely skip it.
Courses Breakfast, Lunch
I adapted this recipe from a 40-30-30 weight loss program book that is aimed solely at helping to balance blood sugar so you can lose weight. I changed a few ingredients and measurements to fit what tasted best for our family and what made us feel the best after eating this shake. So our recipe is a bit different but based on the same idea.
If you have an amazing blender that does great on blending really fine, then you can even get away with using crunchy peanut butter! Also if you prefer thick shakes just add a lot more ice cubes. I usually use anywhere from 15-20 ice cubes per serving when I mix this up because I love thick shakes.
What I found was that my entire family loves this healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake. Even the kids ask for it all the time. The great thing is you can double and even triple this recipe if your blender can handle the volume. That way there is enough for the entire family!
But more than that, I found that it also helped to ease my migraines and gave me a burst of energy I normally don’t have. It also helps me when I’m craving a lot of sugar. Usually, we enjoy it with a slice of toasted seed bread.
It is a great shake to enjoy when you are having a sugar craving, or for an easy cool dinner on a hot summer day! We’ve also been known to eat it for Breakfast or Lunch. It’s very versatile!
And with the more natural ingredients, you can feel good about feeding it to your entire family! And they think they are getting a sweet treat, but really it is loaded with great protein and other good for you ingredients!
Just be sure to use Natural Peanut Butter, a natural sweetener like Agave Syrup or Raw Local Honey, and use a great milk base like DairyPure milk.
For the Whey Protein Powder, I often use NOW Sports Whey Protein Isolate, unflavored. Always the unflavored variety, as it will also not have additional sweeteners and won’t affect the flavor at all.
You can also use NOW Sports Pea Protein Powder with good results without affecting the flavor. These are both well known to have a high source of quality protein without a lot of junk added that we’ve found in other protein powders.
When would you enjoy our Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake?
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- How Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet helps make Fun Family Christmas Traditions - December 18, 2018
- Best Handmade Christmas Gifts from Amazon Handmade Marketplace - December 6, 2018
- HOW TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY & ONLINE DATA - December 3, 2018