As a Natures Sleep 2014 brand ambassador we are celebrating July with Homemade Ice Cream recipes! I receive Natures Sleep products from time to time for review purposes but all opinions are my own. So tell me, who is ready for some delicious homemade ice cream recipes?
Summer time means it is the perfect time for cold desserts! This is when we pull out the ice cream maker and get busy with some delicious homemade ice cream! My favorite is homemade rocky road ice cream! It’s a favorite tradition to make with the kids and one that is sure to please. Plus; there is no better time to enjoy ice cream than in July!
But to make things even sweeter we have a surprise for you! The two best things in life are ice cream and sleeping in! This month we will be sharing our favorite ice cream recipes with FOUR different chances to win a Vitex Gel memory foam pillow to cuddle while you sleep in. One new winner each week! Are you excited?
Rocky Road Homemade Ice Cream
My inspiration comes from the popular Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream recipe book. Seriously if you don’t have it; you have to get it! It’s the best ice cream recipe book on the market. And believe me; I love my homemade ice cream and have tried a lot of different ones. I use Ben’s Chocolate recipe for the base of the rocky road homemade ice cream with just a little modification. Then add in the extras to make it unique to rocky road!
Homemade Ice Cream Rocky Road Recipe
- 4 ounce Dark unsweetened Chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup whole natural almonds
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- Melt the chocolate and milk in a sauce pan on low heat until the chocolate is completely melted and blended with the milk.
- Stir frequently to ensure it doesn't scald or burn the chocolate.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Beat eggs until fluffy
- Whisk in the sugar a little bit at a time; ensuring it it blends completely
- Add in cream, vanilla and salt.
- whisk until blended
- Add in the chocolate mixture and whisk until completely blended.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until cold. This is usually 1-3 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and process in ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions.
- About 26 minutes into the processing of the ice cream ( or when there is only 15 minutes left) add in the almonds and marshmallows.
- Serve immediately for soft serve OR; place in an air tight container in the freezer for a few hours to harden it up.
- This recipe makes 1 quart of ice cream
Courses Dessert, Homemade ice cream
Now that we have the ice cream ready; we can’t forget about indulging in a little bit more sleep time! That is one of the favorite luxuries of summer time! We get to sleep in a little bit!
I know the one thing that really helped me get more sleep at night was changing out my pillow. Both the husband and I got new Nature’s Sleep pillows. The Nature’s Sleep memory foam pillow is a favorite for the husband. He is the most picky person I know when it comes to his pillow. He wants it firm enough to support his head and neck. Not to fluffy that he feels like he is being suffocated. But soft enough to be gentle and comfortable. Needless to say he is in love with his Nature’s Sleep memory foam pillow.
And so am I! It makes sleeping in such a luxury. And actually possible now! We also fall asleep a lot faster at night too. So that’s an added bonus!
And now you have the chance to win your own Nature’s Sleep Vitex Gel memory foam pillow! Join in the Pinterest contest to win! There will be 4 winner; one new one each week!
If you can’t wait; use the coupon code: PILLOW40 to get 40% off all pillows + Free USA Shipping. Valid 7/1-7/31.
Twitter Chats: #NaturesSleep Don’t forget to join us for the #NaturesSleep Twitter chats every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 1 pm EST!
Topic: Ice Cream Pinterest Contest
Topic: Ice Cream Pinterest Contest Pt. 2
What do you love about homemade ice Cream and sleeping in?
Giveaway is now closed. See the winner/s on our Winners Page.
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Enjoy a Special Lunch Date w/ Culver’s Cheese Curds - October 12, 2017
- DIY Turkey Tulle Wreath Tutorial - October 9, 2017
- DIY Witch Hat Headband - October 3, 2017