I’m a Nature’s Sleep Ambassador! As such we are excited to bring you these top back to school tips to help your transition into school easier! All opinions are our own!
School is right on us! I’m so not ready! Our kids start school in less than 2 weeks. And frankly I’m not ready for summer vacation to end. But I know it must. So we have a few back to school tips that will help make the transition a little easier for those of us that are reluctant to let summer end.
Top Back to school tips
- The night before have lunches packed, clothes laid out, backpacks ready to go, and a plan for breakfast.
- Don’t skimp on breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day! So plan ahead and have easy but nutritional breakfasts planned.
- Don’t over shop for school supplies. Get what you know you need. But wait until after the first day of school to get the rest; because teachers always send home an extra “we could really use…” list.
- Talk about bullying and other common school concerns before the issues arise, to help your child know how to handle them.
- Make your expectations clear. Have the talk with the kids on what behavior is appropriate in school. What you expect of them.
- Create a goal list for the school year.
- Plan for after school snacks.
- Send phone numbers on a sticky note in the kid’s backpack. If you have a younger child; they may not remember phone numbers as easily. Put them on a note in the backpack. Then if the child misses a bus or needs you; they have your numbers to get in contact with you.
- Set up a homework station at home where they will be able to come home and do their homework without distraction
- Create a schedule; so everyone will know departure times, arrival times, and any other activities that need to be planned out.
- Plan to be early. The first few weeks always has a bit of kinks to be worked out. So plan to be early. Sometimes buses come early, sometimes late. But if you are prepared early; you’ll never miss a bus, and your kids won’t forget something important like breakfast or combing their hair or their homework.
- Begin the routine early. A minimum of 1 week (preferably 2 weeks) begin the kids going to bed earlier and getting up earlier in preparation for that big day.
- Get quality slippers! Let me explain:
I can’t tell you how many times I have had to make a dash to catch a kid as they are walking out the door because they forgot something. Usually some homework or a signed permission slip. The last thing you want is to be running out barefoot or in shabby slippers with no soles.
You will want slippers that have a strong sole to protect against rocks, or anything other debris outside. Or just to keep your feet from getting soaking wet from the morning dew!
Memory foam is the best way to ensure they are always comfortable and last longer as well. Plus; with our new house that has a lot of tile; it’s a great way to keep my feet comfortable and warm on the chilly mornings before the sun rises. Plus they are just extremely comfortable!
But ultimately, nothing is as important as making sure your child is sleeping well at night. If you or the kids don’t get a good night’s sleep, that will definitely make going back to school a lot harder! Make sure they have a comfortable bed. Nature’s Sleep Memory Foam topper are a great way to soften up a firm mattress if they are having trouble sleeping.
Or use one of the amazing Nature’s Sleep memory foam pillow to help them sleep well. My Nature’s Sleep pillow is the only thing I can lay my head on when I have a migraine. It offers a much needed quality night’s sleep.
For us, we are still loving our Nature’s Sleep Gel Mattress we got back in April to help Spring Clean the Master Bedroom. Oh my goodness, I can’t tell you just how amazing it is to have a good nights sleep! We get up in the morning refreshed and ready to face the challenges. That is the kind of sleep you need as you are facing back to school! So don’t just make sure your kids get a good night’s sleep; but Parents need a good night’s sleep as well! So on that first day of kids back in school you can actually be productive instead of crashing back in bed!
To celebrate back to school; use the coupon code GEL40 (8/1-8/31) to get 40% off all gel mattresses +free shipping from Nature’s Sleep!
Twitter Chats: #NaturesSleep Don’t forget to join us for the #NaturesSleep Twitter chats this month at 1 pm EST!
Topic: Family Fun
Topic: Back To School & Getting Rest
What are your best Back to School Tips?