This is THE BEST NO BAKE CHEESECAKE RECIPE EVER! It has a sweet graham cracker crust with a creamy sweet & Tart no-bake cheesecake filling and decorated for any summer gathering or patriotic holiday. Everyone loves this easy no-bake cheesecake recipe!
Magically The Best No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe
This Easy No-Bake Cheesecake recipe originally published Sept 16, 2011. It has been updated with new photos and tips/tricks for your convenience.
Our family’s no-bake Cheesecake recipe is super easy to make. It consists of the crust, the filling, and the toppings. And it takes very little time to make all three. The longest part is simply waiting for it to chill.
- 1 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cup melted salted butter
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 (8oz) package of Cream Cheese
- 1 can Sweet and Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 container Cool Whip (or a single batch of homemade whipped cream) - Completely Optional
- Fresh Strawberries
- Fresh Blueberries
- Combine crushed graham crackers, sugar and melted butter into a bowl.
- Mix with a fork until all graham crackers are wet and the butter is evenly distributed.
- Pour into a parchment lined springform pan.
- Gently press the mixture to create a smooth even crust, reaching to all edges of the pan.
- Place cream cheese on the counter to soften/warm so it will blend easier
- Dump cream cheese into a mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Gently add in the condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract
- Mix until smooth
- (Optional - gently fold in the whipped topping until well distributed.
- Pour onto the graham cracker crust.
- Gently smooth it evenly around the pan
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- When time to serve, gently remove springform pan and parchment paper.
- Slice fresh strawberries.
- Carefully lay out blueberries in the upper left-hand corner to create the "stars" section of the flag design
- Carefully lay the strawberries in strip patterns for the red stripes of the flag.
- Slice and serve
- If you want to make a cheesecake big enough to fill a traditional 9X13 cake pan, you will want to double the crust and triple the filling to have good filling to crust ratio.
- To prevent lumpy cheesecake filling, allow the cream cheese to completely warm to room temperature before mixing. I often take it out of the fridge in the morning and then by the afternoon I can quickly whip it all together.
- If you don't have time to warm Cream Cheese - using an immersion blender works well to get it smooth and creamy
- If you find the cheesecake filling is too rich, add a tub of cool whip or homemade whipped cream this will make the filling lighter and not as intensely rich.
- If you try to use a standard blender to mix, it will still technically work, BUT the texture will not be right. It will be too runny and not set up correctly. (trust me, I've tried it)
- When picking the pan- this recipe can be made in a pie dish, a brownie pan, or even a springform pan if you want to remove the pan and have it look more like a traditional cheesecake.
- If using a springform pan, you will want to line the sides of the pan with parchment paper before adding the filling, to make for easier removal from the pan. And refrigerate overnight before removing pan
- If by some miracle you have leftovers (rarely happens in our house) you can cover and store in the fridge for about a week.
The USA Flag topping is only one of MANY topping options. You can also try
- Cherry pie filling
- Blueberry pie filling
- Raspberry filling
- Cherry pie filling with chocolate sauce drizzled on top
- Hot fudge and salted caramel drizzled on top
- options are endless!
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Combine all crust ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a fork. Once all the graham crackers are wet, then transfer it into the pan of your choice and pack it down slightly.
If you want a good table piece for a summer party, I recommend making it in a pan with sides to support the filling. Being no bake, it does soften in the heat and then it won’t hold together.
But if you are just going to set it out and immediately serve it, you can have success using the springform pan, so it looks even better.
If you use a bigger/deeper pan, you will want to double the crust and triple the filling recipe, otherwise, it will be VERY shallow and thin. But that is completely up to your preference.
In order to have a smooth texture, the cream cheese needs to be room temperature. If not, then it will lump as you blend the ingredients together. And who wants a lumpy cheesecake?
I found that if you try to mix in a standard blender it turns out far too runny.
Though, if you don’t have time to warm the cream cheese, you CAN use an immersion blender to get the smooth texture without making it too runny.
If you find the taste is too rich, you can add 1/2 tub whipped topping, but this is entirely optional. I only use it about half the time I make it.
The whipped topping offers the cheesecake a slightly lighter texture and slightly sweeter flavor. So if you don’t like rich desserts you will want to add the whipped topping.
The original recipe my mom used never used whipped topping. But my husband always said it was too rich for him. So I started adding the whipped topping so he could enjoy a lighter flavor.
But when He is on Keto I always go back to making it without the whipped topping because I prefer the richer tart flavor.
Mix all the filling ingredients together until smooth. Then pour onto the Graham cracker crust and refrigerate for 3 hrs.
If you are using a Springform Pan, you will want to remove the parchment paper shortly before you decorate and serve.
Easy American Berry No-Bake Cheesecake Topping
If you remove the cheesecake from the pan, you can also run a frosting knife around the outside to make the sides look crisp and smooth.
To create the illusion of the USA flag, arrange fresh blueberries in the top left corner in a square.
Then place fresh sliced strawberries in horizontal lines for the stripes of the flag.
No other topping is necessary! It is quite delicious! And it makes the perfect dessert for any USA/Patriotic holiday like Memorial Day, Flag Day, Independence Day (4th of July) and Veteran’s Day!
But is always a surefire winner at every potluck, BBQ, Summer party gathering where I donate this easy No-Bake Cheesecake.
Not to mention – This is the most requested dessert for Birthdays in our family.
And best of all, this easy No-Bake Cheesecake recipe can be made into any shape you desire, simply by the type of pan you use.
Easy No-Bake Cheesecake Topping Alternatives:
Really any kind of topping would go great with this recipe!
- No-bake Strawberry Jam
- Raspberry Dessert Filling
- Strawberry pie filling
- Strawberry Shortcake Topping
- Raspberry Pie Filling
- Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
- Raspberry Rhubarb Jam
- Blueberry Sauce
- Chocolate Ganache
- Even Cherry Chocolate- simply drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with Cherry pie filling. Oh, Heaven!
Easy No-Bake Cheesecake Crust Alternatives!
Another fun way to mix up the flavors of this easy no-bake cheesecake is to play with the crust flavors!
- Crushed Oreos
- Crushed NILLA Wafers
- Crushed Pretzels (this is amazing!)
- Cinnamon pie crust
- Crushed nuts crust
- Shortcrust Pie crust
- Oatmeal pie crust
- Frosted Animal Crackers crushed
- Grain Free Coconut Pie Crust
Really the sky is the limit with your flavor combination choices! We have tried all the toppings and most of the crust options I’ve suggested to you and they have ALL been a huge success!
But the favorite still remains the classic way, just like my Mom used to make.
If you like No Bake desserts, you may also like:
If you enjoyed this easy American Berry No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe, Be sure to Pin It and share with your friends and family!
Eating Around the Table Beginners Guide to Easy Homemade Family Dinners
Discover the ideas, recipes, and strategies to easy homemade family friendly dinners and how to create memories around the table.
- Wholesome Fruit Filled Breakfast Cereal Bars Recipe - March 21, 2020
- Thanksgiving Turkey Wreath Craft Tutorial - November 19, 2019
- How to get a perfect Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie everytime! - October 30, 2019