Learn how to make the perfect chocolate ganache with this easy recipe. This simple ganache recipe requires just three ingredients and is ready in 5 minutes!
This Chocolate Ganache Recipe originally published Oct 8, 2011. It has been updated with new tips, ideas, and photos for your convenience.
Can I tell you a secret?
I’m not a big frosting fan. *GASP!*
I know! So many people want to disown me when they learn that little secret. But sadly, it’s true. I’m just not a fan of the thick layer of frosting on top of my baked desserts.
But what I do like is a thin layer of Chocolate Ganache on top of a delectable dessert.
I used to think that Chocolate Ganache was this really elaborate, fancy chocolate that required a lot of complicated work in the kitchen. Oh Boy, was I wrong!
Honestly, Ganache is one of the easiest recipes to make. It’s even easier than your typical buttercream frosting! Not even kidding!
And it only requires three simple ingredients and about 5 minutes to make!
Not only that but the uses are endless! You can use this perfect Chocolate Ganache recipe to glaze a cake, frost cupcakes, fill holiday crescent rolls, or even fill easy cookie cups. You can even dip truffles with a Chocolate Ganache frosting.
There are so many other ways to use Ganache. It is so versatile. Not to mention it makes your ordinary desserts look extraordinary!
Insanely Easy Perfect Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- 8 oz chocolate cut into small pieces (I use Semi-sweet MINI morsels)
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream (not whipped cream aka Cool whip..but pure heavy cream)
- 2 oz Butter
- Place chocolate pieces and butter in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small pan bring the cream to a boil. Do NOT leave the pan unattended because it will happen fast.
- Once at a rolling boil; pour the cream on top of the chocolate and butter.
- Carefully mix with a spoon.
- The hot cream will slowly melt the chocolate and butter and soon it will start to take form.
- Once it is all mixed together and smooth; you are complete!
- Chill in fridge until cool for frosting.
- Or use immediately for a dip or glaze.
WOW, you just made Chocolate Ganache!
I told you it was insanely easy!
Depending on what you want to use it for; it will need to be refrigerated for a few hours to thicken to use as frosting or for the filling in our Schoko schnecken Recipe.
Or if you want to use it as a glaze or dip, you can use it right away.
If you need a quick holiday dessert and you are running low on time, here is a handy Hostess Hack:
Pick up a simple cheesecake, or pound cake from the local bakery or freezer section. Or quickly whip up a cake mix at home.
Then make this insanely easy Chocolate ganache recipe.
Drizzle the Chocolate ganache over the cheesecake or cake, to create a drip look.
Allow the ganache to cool. Garnish with sliced strawberries. And that’s it!
Now you have a dessert that looks like you slaved away in the kitchen. But really, it only took about 5 minutes.
Want another great filling for desserts? Try our Raspberry Filling for Baked Treats! Another insanely easy filling recipe that takes an ordinary dessert and makes it extraordinary.
Or for a dessert that will really impress your guests, try our mouthwatering Mini Salted Caramel Apple Pies.
If you like our easy Chocolate Ganache Recipe, be sure to Pin it for later!
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Sensational Chicken Carbonara Recipe - April 15, 2019
- Easter Kit Kat Cake tutorial - April 15, 2019
- The Best Way to Organize Important Papers & Documents - April 3, 2019