I’m sharing this Ray of Sunshine Get Well Gift Basket with Zicam® as part of a sponsored series with Socialstars, all opinions are my own.
No one likes being sick. But especially not over the holidays.
Wouldn’t it be so wonderful if there was a magical cure for the common cold?
But since there isn’t, we have to settle for the next best thing. When we get sick, I put together a simple winter cold survival kit to help us survive the winter cold.
The winter cold survival kit is great for the home and helps everyone make it through. But what about if it’s a friend who is getting sick? That’s when I put together a Ray of Sunshine Get Well Gift Basket to help her get back to feeling better faster.
Because if my girlfriend is sick, that means we don’t get our girl time! And that just isn’t fun for either of us. So I want her to get better faster!
You can easily throw together this simple DIY Get Well Gift Basket for a dear friend, so they don’t have to feel miserable over the holiday. And you can become the ray of sunshine to their gloomy day.
Ray of Sunshine Get Well Gift Basket
You can make a Ray of Sunshine get well gift basket as big and elaborate as you want in a nice basket. Or make it simple with goodies in a new mug for a simple ray of sunshine.
But no matter what type of get well gift basket I am making, the first thing I add to the get well gift basket is Zicam® Cold Remedy Nasal Swabs. When it comes to colds, nothing gets me feeling better, faster than Zicam® Cold Remedy products.
Zicam® Cold Remedy Nasal Swabs are the only nasal swabs clinically proven to shorten colds. They reduce symptom severity by 45 percent by the mid-point of a cold when taken at the very first symptoms.
But in order to be effective, you have to use the Zicam® Nasal Swabs at the first sign of a cold. And continue to use it until the very last symptom is gone.
I really like the Zicam® Cold Remedy Nasal Swabs because they are small, easily portable, and easy to use! If I’m sick and going to be out of the house, I just add a few swabs to my purse so I don’t miss a dose.
And for those that struggle with homeopathic options because of the Zinc upsetting their stomach, I have great news for you. Zicam® Cold Remedy Nasal Swabs are zinc-free!
They are formulated with plant-derived active ingredients including cooling menthol and soothing eucalyptus. Which really helps me to breathe better too.
It’s no wonder that Zicam® Cold Remedy products are my favorite Homeopathic cold remedy and the first thing I put into the ray of sunshine get well gift basket.
**Please note that Zicam® Cold Remedy products are NOT meant for children under 12 years of age. Please always follow the directed dosage and usage instructions on the packaging.**
Other items I like to add to the Ray of Sunshine Get Well Gift Basket include:
- Books or movies (something to stay occupied.) For my girlfriends, I like to include some of my favorite Clean Regency Romance books. For Guys, I’d include some of my favorite Dystopian books
- A Minky blanket or scarf to stay warm and cozy
- Orange juice and lemonade – to help stay hydrated and boost vitamin C
- A new mug for herbal tea
- Herbal Tea – throat coat, or immune-boosting herbal teas are a favorite to help feel better
- Natural Raw Honey – drizzle in the herbal tea. It helps to soothe the throat.
- Fresh Lemons (to squeeze into the herbal tea)
- Natural throat and cough soothers to suck on.
- Hard candies to suck on for a sore throat
- Natural Hand Sanitizer – so they don’t spread the germs
- Tissues with lotion to soothe the nose
- Oranges or other fruit to eat.
- A few cans of soup to make meals easier.
- Menthol rub – to help them breathe easier.
- Soaking Bath Salts
- Zicam® Medicated Fruit Drops as these are another favorite cold shortening homeopathic choice I love.
If you really want to go elaborate you can also include an essential oil diffuser and quality essential oils to help clear sinuses such as Eucalyptus, peppermint, and lemon. It also helps the house smell great too. But more importantly, it helps to open the sinuses.
For a close girlfriend, I would probably also add some lip gloss and hand lotion.
As you are putting together the get well gift basket, try to look for things in YELLOW! It gives that fun “Ray of Sunshine” look to the get well gift basket. Add in some fuzzy yellow socks or socks with a smiley face on them. Try to find a yellow mug. Get some lemon drops if you can find them (my store was sold out).
And then add a fun yellow bow!
For the last touch, create and send your own personalized eCard to show them how much you care and hope they get better faster. There are all kinds of amazing ecard designs in the Zicam® Cold Connections Collection.
Make your own card with the Zicam® Card Isle eCard creator!
Now, wrap it all up in a gift bag, or cute basket and deliver.
You can find the Zicam® Cold Remedy products in all your major food, drug and mass merchandise retailers. You will often find them in the cold/cough aisle.
In addition to a thoughtful Ray of Sunshine Get Well Basket, stop over to learn how to shorten a Cold so you can get back to enjoying family and friends over this holiday season.
BE SURE TO PIN OUR RAY OF SUNSHINE GET WELL GIFT BASKET!
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Sensational Chicken Carbonara Recipe - April 15, 2019
- Easter Kit Kat Cake tutorial - April 15, 2019
- The Best Way to Organize Important Papers & Documents - April 3, 2019