This Mini Salted Caramel Apple Pies recipe was created in partnership with Ninja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer™. I received complimentary products and compensation to facilitate my review, but all opinions within are my own.
When it comes to desserts, there is one delicacy that I can make that will please the entire family and all the neighbors. And that is my mini salted caramel apple pie bites.
They are perfect for holidays, parties, BBQs, summer desserts, winter desserts. Goodness, they are just good all year round for any occasion.
I got the idea for these mini salted caramel apple pies because of my 2nd oldest son. His absolute favorite dessert is an apple pie.
He actually asked for an apple pie for his birthday instead of a cake! That is how serious he is about his apple pies. And while he loves the store freezer apple pies, his favorite is homemade apple pies.
So the last time I was home visiting my dad, I raided my mom’s recipe cabinet to find her old-fashioned apple pie recipe. I have tried hundreds of different apple pies over the years and NONE come close to my mom’s apple pie recipe.
I can’t help it when you grow up with an amazing chef like my mom; you become rather picky when it comes to your favorite recipes. And my mom’s was brilliant! Her pies always turned out so full of flavor.
The apples were perfectly spiced and the texture was spot on. Not too crisp and not too soggy. Man, I hate soggy/mushy apples in apple pies.
So I took my mom’s apple pie filling recipe, my grandma’s perfectly flaky pie crust recipe, added my favorite salted caramel topping, and my favorite streusel topping from our cinnamon muffins recipe. Threw all 4 together and the result was these amazing Mini Salted Caramel Apple Pies!
Check out the video below to see it all put together!
You can also view it on Youtube here.
Secret tools for Mini Salted Caramel Apple Pies
So I have been looking for a new blender for a while. Our current blender’s pitcher is broken and it is far too expensive to replace just that one piece. I’m talking almost the cost of the entire blender in the first place. Uhm..no thanks.
But at the same time, I can’t just go with a cheap $20 blender from that convenient blue sign department store down the street either. I burn them out way too quickly.
We love our Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shakes! Like, crazy love them! And I use the blender ALL THE TIME! From mixing up Chocolate, Banana, peanut butter pancake batter to fruit smoothies, to Mini German Pancakes, and even homemade spaghetti sauce!
So I need a blender that can keep up with me in the kitchen. And that is why I settled on the Ninja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer™. It is the perfect balance of quality with affordability.
If you haven’t heard about the Ninja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer™ yet, you are in for a real treat! Let me tell you all about it!
This system has one smart base that transforms into four high-performance appliances:
- 72 oz. Total Crushing® Blender
- 64 oz. Precision Processor™
- 24 oz. Single-Serve Cup
Not to mention you also get
- Total Crushing® Blades
- Chopping Blades
- Dough Blades
- 35 Recipe Inspiration Guide
- Fettuccine Blade Disc
- Spaghetti Blade Disc
- Cleaning Brush
- Spout Lid for Singler Serving cup
This one Blender features all of that! I can basically clean out 5 other bulky gadgets in my kitchen and replace them with this one system!
Not to mention all attachments are dishwasher safe, so it really makes clean up a breeze!
The Ninja Intelli-Sense Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer also features 12 Smart Programs that help you create the perfect recipe every time. Each one appears on the beautiful Intuitive Touchscreen.
Maybe you are wondering, how they get all 12 program settings to fit on the one screen? Or maybe, how do you know which program to use with each attachment?
Well, have no fear! The base features Smart Vessel Recognition. It automatically senses which attachment is connected and only shows you the options that work with that attachment!
With the Ninja Intelli-Sense Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer, you take your first step into a whole new world of recipe possibilities!
The first thought is that they totally don’t go together, right? What does a blender have to do with pies?
Well, guess what? This Ninja Intelli-Sense Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer is my secret tool to make these mini Caramel Apple Pie bites so easy! Let me know you how!
How to make Mini Salted Caramel Apple Pies
Mini Salted Caramel Apple Pies
Yield 12 mini pies
Give your mouth a celebration! Try these easy Mini Salted Caramel Apple Pies.The perfect blend of Fuji apples, spices, salted caramel and streusel topping!
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons cold butter cut into bits
Salted Caramel Apple Filling:
- 2 large baking apples Cored and Spiraled
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Make 2X this perfect Flaky Pie Crust recipe. OR have 2 pie crusts ready to go.
- Put flour, sugar, and spices in a bowl and mix well.
- Cut in the butter bits.
- Toss until you have pea-sized crumbs.
- Set aside in fridge. (can last up to 3 days in the fridge)
Salted Caramel Apple Pie filling:
- Use an apple corer to remove the core, and then use Ninja Spiralizer to Spiral the apples. Cut Spirals in half or quarters to fit into the cups better.
- In a bowl combine Apple spirals, lemon juice, sugar, salt, flour, cinnamon, and butter
- Stir to mix thoroughly, and to ensure the butter is well distributed.
- Set aside.
Putting it all together:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Roll out pie crust/dough, and using a biscuit cutter, cut out 12 pieces, approximately 2.5 inches in diameter. If you don’t have a biscuit cutter, use the top of a large drinking glass.
- Place pie crust in the bottom of 12 cups in a muffin tin.
- Spoon Apple Pie filling into muffin tin cups.
- Drizzle your favorite salted caramel ice cream topping over the top of each mini pie.
- Sprinkle with Streusel crumbs on top to create individual mini Dutch Apple Pies.
- Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool to the touch.
- Remove from muffin tins and drizzle with more Salted caramel topping.
- Serve and enjoy as is, or serve A’ La Mode with a scoop of vanilla ice cream drizzled with more salted caramel
- Pie Crust – you will need 2 batches of the pie crust recipe. Don’t try to make it all in one batch. It won’t turn out. Make 2 individual batches of the pie crust. Keep the pie crust as cold as possible. This will ensure the crust turns out flaky, and it will be easier to handle.
- Streusel Topping – this can be made ahead of time and stored up to 3 days in the fridge
- Picking Apples – I prefer Fuji as they are crisp, juicy and full of amazing flavor. You could also use Granny Smith green apples. Not if you use other varieties of apples, they may turn out soft/mushy after baking.
- Leftovers: You will have leftover pie crust. It won’t be enough to make a new recipe. So use this old family favorite so it doesn’t go to waste. Roll out crust and place on a cookie sheet. Brush with softened butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. With a pizza cutter, slice into chip shapes. Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Enjoy with a fresh fruit dip, in a bowl of ice cream, or just on their own. Delicious pie crust cinnamon chips.
First, you will want to make the flaky pie crust. You can do this the old-fashioned way with a bowl, fork and your hands. Or you can speed it up and use it all in the Precision Processor attachment with dough blade!
Set the pie crust aside in the fridge to keep cold. You want to keep the pie crust as cold as possible to make it easier to handle. This also helps it to have that tantalizing flaky crust.
Now make the Streusel Crumb Topping.
Combine the flour, sugar, and spices into Ninja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System Precision Processor™ with the dough blade. Press the dough smart program.
Add the butter and use the dough smart program again.
You will be left with beautiful pea-sized crumbs. Set this aside in the fridge.
Pull out your Apples. Core the apples. If they are big, you will need to trim them down so they fit into the Auto-Spiralizer. Use the Ninja Intelli-Sense Kitchen System Auto-Spiralizer to spiral the apples.
Place the apples in a bowl with the lemon juice, sugar, salt, flour, cinnamon, and butter. Stir to mix thoroughly, and to ensure the butter is well distributed.
Roll out pie crust/dough, and using a biscuit cutter, cut out 12 pieces, approximately 2.5 inches in diameter. If you don’t have a biscuit cutter, use the top of a large drinking glass.
Place pie crust in the bottom of 12 cups in a muffin tin.
Spoon Apple Pie filling into muffin tin cups.
Drizzle your favorite salted caramel ice cream topping over the top of each mini pie.
Sprinkle with Streusel crumbs on top to create individual mini Dutch Apple Pies.
Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and allow to cool to the touch.
Remove each mini caramel apple pie bite from the muffin tins and place on a cooling rack.
Drizzle with more Salted Caramel Topping.
You can serve the Mini Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bites just as they are.
Or you can add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve it A’ La Mode.
Make it even more amazing with yet another drizzle of Salted Caramel topping on top of the ice cream!
And don’t wait too long to dig in! Because these are amazing served warm with a scoop of ice cream on top! But the ice cream will melt!
But don’t worry if you aren’t quite ready to dig in! These delicious Mini Caramel Apple Pies can last a few days stored just like you would store a regular apple pie!
That is if you can resist eating them all. Or stop your family from eating them all too! They don’t last very long in my house at all!
Celebrate with Mini Salted Caramel Apple Pies
So this year, forget the cookies! Make these delectable Mini Salted Caramel Apple Pies for Santa!
And if you want to see the Ninja Intelli-Sense Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer under your tree, you will definitely want to use our discount code AMBER15 before you go shopping!
With the code AMBER15 and you will get 15% off the Ninja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer™. This special discount code is valid through 12/31/17.
Want an even BIGGER surprise under your tree this year beyond the savings?
Enter to win a Ninja Intelli-Sense Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer!
PRIZE: Twenty-Five (25) winners will be randomly selected and will each receive one (1) Ninja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System with Auto Spiralizer™
- Sweepstakes ends on 12/31.
- Winners will be randomly selected from all program entries
- Ninja will facilitate fulfillment of the 25 winning prizes.
- Enter in the form below:
Be sure to Pin our Mini Salted Caramel Apple Pies for later!
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Sensational Chicken Carbonara Recipe - April 15, 2019
- Easter Kit Kat Cake tutorial - April 15, 2019
- The Best Way to Organize Important Papers & Documents - April 3, 2019