One of the most requested meals in our house are German pancakes. Every weekend when I ask the kids what they want me to make; they always ask for German pancakes. But not just any German Pancakes. Mini German Pancakes! They absolutely love the perfect personal size! I love how the German Pancakes offer a lot more protein and less sugar than regular pancakes. So, as long as I have enough eggs on hand, I often let them have their way. These Mini German Pancakes have become so popular that I decided it was time to share the magic recipe!
Mini German Pancakes Recipe
This recipe is similar to a regular German Pancake Recipe made in a 9 X 13 pan, but just slightly different. And they end up looking a lot more enticing than the regular large pan German Pancake.
Mini German Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Orange or lemon Zest (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- Drizzle of Fresh Lemon Juice
- Dusting of Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Mix Flour, Eggs, Milk, salt and vanilla in bowl
- Add melted butter and zest (optional) and mix
- Pour batter into greased Muffin tins
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until puffy and golden on top
- Remove from oven
- Spritz or Drizzle lemon juice over the top of each Mini German Pancake
- Dust each Mini German Pancake with Powdered Sugar
- Finish topping with your favorite fresh fruit, jam or fruit compote.
These little delights turn out the perfectly sized for individual breakfast portions. They also make great Luncheon, Brunch or event gathering appetizers! And they have an amazing flavor when you pair it with our delicious Blueberry Sauce recipe!
There isn’t much of a trick to making these delicious mini German Pancakes. They are quite easy and very popular among our family and friends. We tend to make them almost every weekend. And would you believe the kids can out eat Mommy when it comes to these? The kids just can’t stop! The last time; I believe both boys (ages 8 and 9) ended up eating 5 of them and Miss Jade ate 4 herself! Not bad for having super picky kids who refuse to eat!
I also love how versatile you can be with these mini German Pancakes! You can top them off with just a spritz of lemon juice and dusting of powdered sugar. Or you can add your favorite syrup. Maple syrup is quite delicious on these. We’ve also tried regular Raspberry Rhubarb Jam, Strawberry Rhubarb Jam, Blueberry jam, Blueberry & Huckleberry Syrup, or with just freshly sliced berries. I’ve also seen these filled with Yogurt and fresh fruit! There are so many amazing ways to enjoy them!
Have you tried our simple and delicious Mini German Pancakes recipe? What did you think?
Be sure to share them with your friends and family; believe me, they will thank you for it! And if you really enjoyed it be sure to PIN it, and share on your social sites. We have the easy share buttons below and to the left hand side!
What Toppings would you use with these delicious Mini German Pancakes?
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Best Handmade Christmas Gifts from Amazon Handmade Marketplace - December 6, 2018
- HOW TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY & ONLINE DATA - December 3, 2018
- Easy DIY Holiday Drink Station Soda Bar Tablescape - November 28, 2018