Have you guys seen this meme?
Cracks me up. I’m like, totally. I feel that way sometimes. When I sit down and try to count how many days in a row I’ve cooked every single meal for every single person under my roof, and some of the time, I don’t even get to eat at the same time as the kids, or my food isn’t hot because by the time I’ve sat down, someone needs something.
Now, my husband is really good at helping. And we do occasionally eat out. But we try to be frugal, and cooking at home is one of the ways we save money when we can.
So really, my favorite thing in the world is to have a quick, easy family favorite recipe tucked away in my back pocket. This is one of those recipes. I love to whip it up and throw it in the oven, so my hubs comes home, takes a deep breath and says, “Smells good in here!”
- ½ - 1lb ground beef, browned with onions
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Spray the bottom of an 11x7 baking dish.
- Layer corn tortillas along the bottom, about four layers deep. Break the tortillas in half and use the straight edges to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix ground beef, tomato sauce and chili powder. Pour over tortillas.
- Spread the cream of chicken soup.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
This is a savory dish that’s not spicy, despite the chili powder. If you season your meat, it really compliments the dish. The tortillas are softened and make for a delicious crust-like bottom. It’s especially quick and easy if you’ve already got browned meat in the freezer.
I’ve even whipped up a casserole for a family who needed a pick me up. You’ll just love it!