Yes, you read that heading right. Stuffed French Toast.
Stuffed. French. Toast.
It’s not as hard as you think. It’s just as delicious as you think it will be. I’m not joking. I bit into this and moaned in food induced satisfaction.
My kids were not super interested because of the cream cheese, which left more for me!
Stuffed French Toast
- 8 slices Texas Toast
- 1 8oz pkg of cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup milk or cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Whip together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Mix in cream and vanilla.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a slit through the bottom of the bread, creating a pocket inside the Texas toast. Leave about an inch around the edges to prevent breaking and spilling.
- Spoon a portion of cream cheese filling into the bread, use a butter knife to spread the filling inside the bread.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs and ¼ cup milk together.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture on each side.
- Place on hot skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top.
- Serve with buttermilk syrup.
I requested this for dinner on Mother’s Day. Then after the kids went to bed, I dolloped whipped cream on it and had it for dessert!
It’s a versatile dish. Breakfast, brunch, dinner, dessert! Now that’s a meal that’s pulling it’s weight.
And you simply MUST make the buttermilk syrup to go with it. It’s life changing, y’all.
And if you need more breakfast ideas, try these brown sugar muffins.