Every now and again, you find a recipe that seems to explode with flavor and guarantees satisfaction. This is one such recipe. Meet my favorite Zesty Avocado Salsa:
Someone served it at my baby shower, and I went back for seconds, and thirds, until finally I just stood at the bowl and ate it. Right out of the serving bowl.
I had pretty much marked the whole thing as mine.
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained (or 2 cups fresh)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1/2 can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz (1/2 bottle) of Zesty Italian Dressing
- 2 avocados, diced
- Mix all ingredients (except avocado) until evenly coated.
- Stir in avocados last.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
It’s amazing. I just love it! We eat it with tortilla chips.
Stir in some shredded chicken and you can wrap it in a tortilla or stuff it in a pita. Mmmm!
Everyone I’ve shared this recipe with loves it and makes it for their own families. It’s a winner! My nieces love to when I visit because they get so excited that I’m there to make them Avocado Salsa. They’ve finally decided they don’t like to wait for me. Now that they have the recipe, they don’t even need me to visit! 😉
Need another easy dinner idea? Try this Hot Taco Salad!