You know it is summer when you have Rhubarb to harvest and process! I absolutely love Rhubarb!
I make all kinds of goodies with Rhubarb. I love to gather up the vast amounts of early summer rhubarb harvest and started baking!
Today’s treat is a most delicious Strawberry Rhubarb dump cake recipe! It is also commonly known as super easy Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler made in the oven. It is really easy to make too! And boy will it put you in high favor with all those that taste it!
- 4 cups Cut Rhubarb
- 4 cups quartered strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 1 cup Sprite or 7Up Soda
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Combine Strawberries, Rhubarb and sugar in bowl.
- Mix and set aside for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 Degrees.
- Drain all but 1/2 cup juice
- Combine Fruit, juice, Corn starch, vanilla and salt.
- Lightly spray a 9X13 pan and then layer with the fruit filling.
- Sprinkle with the Cake mix
- Drizzle the top with the melted butter and a cup of soda.
- Do not stir
- Bake for 25 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Lower the temperature to 350 degrees and cook for the remaining 15-20 minutes.
- Cook until the cake is golden and the rhubarb is soft.
This Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake recipe original published May 31, 2013, but has been updated and relaunched for your convenience. 🙂
Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake
The first thing you have to do is prep the strawberries and rhubarb. This is the part that takes the longest of the entire recipe. But it is also the most crucial. It really gets the flavors blended and provides a soft and juicy fruit filling. Combine the quartered fresh strawberries and cut rhubarb in a bowl with the cup of sugar. Stir until all the fruit is coated. Then let sit for one hour. This allows the rhubarb juices to flow and softens the fruit. So you aren’t left with crisp chunks of rhubarb after baking.
Tip: when slicing the rhubarb, I recommend a quality food processor. It goes so much faster! This week, I sliced over 10 pounds of Rhubarb into perfectly even slices in less than 10 minutes. Where last week it took me about 1.5 hours to hand slice 2 lbs. We had a lot of Rhubarb to process this week.
After soaking for an hour, Preheat the oven to 425 Degrees. Then drain all but 1/2 cup of the juice that was expressed. Stir back in the remaining 1/2 cup juice plus the Corn starch, vanilla and salt with the fruit.
Lightly spray a 9X13 pan and then layer with the fruit filling.
Next Sprinkle with the Cake mix and drizzle the top with the melted butter and a cup of soda. Do not stir!
Bake the Strawberry Rhubarb dump cake for 25 minutes at 425 degrees. Then return and lower the temperature to 350 degrees and cook for the remaining 15-20 minutes. Cook until the cake is golden and the rhubarb is soft.
You can serve Hot or cold. With and without a scoop of vanilla ice cream! And that is it! Now you have a delicious Strawberry Rhubarb dump cake for your family or social gathering! It’s a great way to use up excess Rhubarb. And tastes delicious! And like I said it is super easy to make! You don’t have to be a pastry chef to make this delicious Strawberry Rhubarb dessert.
Have you tried anything made from a Strawberry Rhubarb Combination?
What is your favorite Strawberry Rhubarb treat?
At what event would you enjoy a Strawberry Rhubarb Dump cake?
Love Rhubarb? Try these other Popular Rhubarb Recipes!
YOU ARE ALSO GOING TO LOVE:
Studies have shown that if you really like this post, you will also love the following articles. 😉 I have pulled them together for you right here!
She is dedicated to helping you leave a legacy of moments and celebrated milestones for your family to treasure generation after generation.
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Easily Make your own Thanksgiving Door Wreath - Turkey Style - November 19, 2019
- How to get a perfect Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie everytime! - October 30, 2019
- Haunted Halloween Fireplace Mantel Ideas - October 15, 2019