Today’s Newborn Gift Basket is sponsored by Gerber® Soothe. I received a free sample of Gerber® Good Start® Soothe infant formula & Gerber® Soothe probiotic colic drops from Gerber®. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting our sponsors who make our FREE resource site for you possible!
Is there something in the water? Or in the air? I don’t know about you, but I have a plethora of friends having babies right now! And that always leaves the question,
“What do you get the new mom?”
Well, after having 4 babies of my own, and going through 12 years of attending baby showers and giving newborn gifts, I have found that few staple items always tend to be a big hit among the mamas and babies.
So let me share my secrets with you on how to put together a killer newborn gift basket that mom and baby will love. And they will actually be useful as well as fun!
Create a rockstar Newborn Gift Basket
When putting together a newborn gift basket you want to include the following:
- Outfit for Baby – Moms frequently asked for plain onsies or cute outfits. Try to get 3-6 months outfit or larger because babies grow fast and everyone else will be giving newborn or 0-3 months clothes. A baby can only wear so many outfits before they grow. You want the baby to have a chance to wear your outfit before they outgrow it.
- Blanket – when polling new moms, swaddling blanket, Muslin blanket, or Minky Blanket are the top 3 requested.
- Diapers – size 2 diapers. Everyone gives newborn or size 1 diapers. After Miss Jade was born I still had 5 packs of size 1 diapers left over after Jade outgrew them, I was given so many. Go with a bigger size, this is when Mom will really appreciate you thinking ahead!
- Diaper Wipes
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Foot covering (socks/booties,etc) – babies are much happier and less fussy when they have warm feet! Try crochet ruffle socks for girls (pattern coming soon) or regular booties for boys. Or get soft leather baby moccasins.
- Teddy bear crochet baby hat – color customized for girl, boy or gender neutral. All babies need hats to keep them warm. They might as well be cute hats!
- Toy for baby
- Board Book for baby storytime
- Water bottle for Mom
- Natural Lotion for Mom for some pampering
- Healthy Snacks for Mom (especially if she is going to be nursing)
- Burp cloth – babies throw up a lot! So these are very useful! Polled moms all agreed they loved homemade crochet baby burp clothes!
- Nose Frida – It may look gross but trust me! Every Mom I know that has tried it will never go back to a bulb syringe ever again! Half the moms I polled couldn’t emphasize this one enough!
- Something Handmade! This can really set your gift basket above the others. Everyone can buy an outfit or diapers. But not everyone includes a handmade item. Whether it is handmade by you or you used ETSY to get a handmade item. This can be the blanket, hat, booties, crochet ruffle socks for girls, handmade hair bow for girls, crochet burp cloth, or even a cute nursery sign! Just something handmade will really make Mom cherish your newborn gift basket!
- Gerber® Soothe products for Colic! This will make you Mom’s champion hero!
New moms are tired enough without having to deal with colic on top of all of the other lack of sleep episodes! So help Mom out! Prepare a gift basket that offers some help from Colic!
Take it from a Mom who had a colicky baby, it’s not fun. It wears on your mental health. Colic makes a mom feel like she is a failure.
No Mom should ever have to feel that way! I always include something to aid Mom in battling colic in my newborn gift basket!
All Babies cry. That is completely normal. But Colic is when a healthy baby cries for more than 3 hours a day, at least 3 days a week, for over 3 weeks. And that truly wears on a new mom’s mental health and wellness!
By adding Gerber® Soothe products in the newborn gift basket, you are offering a helping hand to hopefully reduce the colic that Mom will face! The Gerber® Soothe products come in probiotic colic drops and a Gerber® Good Start® Soothe Infant Formula.
The Gerber® Soothe Colic Drops are ideal for breastfed babies. The Colic drops feature L. reuteri which is a probiotic that is safe for infants, which has been clinically shown to significantly reduce crying time in colicky babies.
Gerber® Good Start® Soothe Infant Formula is ideal for formula fed babies. It is specially designed to ease excessive crying, colic, fussiness, and gas while providing complete nutrition.
If you know the new mom will be breastfeeding, pack some Gerber® Soothe Colic Drops into the newborn gift basket! If Mom is formula feeding add a carton of Gerber® Good Start® Soothe Infant Formula to help them get started.
If you know any parents suffering from Colic, direct them to our Colic Survival guide to help them find relief!
Learn more about colic and Gerber® Soothe products by visiting the NEW Gerber® Soothe products web page!
What is your Must Have Item in a Newborn Gift Basket?
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Haunted Halloween Fireplace Mantel Ideas - October 20, 2017
- How to Keep Fruit Fresh and Save Money! - October 19, 2017
- Enjoy a Special Lunch Date w/ Culver’s Cheese Curds - October 12, 2017