Do you like bread, but trying to eat low carb or keto? You have got to try the Best Keto Bread recipe! This easy cloud bread recipe is the perfect gluten-free, low carb, and grain free bread for a sandwich, also known as oopsie bread or oopsie rolls.
My husband has been eating mostly Keto for over a year now. He just loves how he feels when he follows the Keto plan. Since I’ve had an increase in migraines lately, I finally decided to give Keto a try for a little while and see how I feel.
In my adventures in learning new KETO recipes, I found I was still missing bread. Not very often. But there were still times when all I wanted was a nice sandwich, a hamburger bun, or a BLT with more than just a lettuce wrap.
I discovered that when you look for KETO bread alternatives, you find yourself met with several hundred recipes. All close and similar. But not many are exactly the same.
So I’ve been testing different recipes out. When I found one with a texture I liked, I compared it with the other recipes with the flavor I like. And then combined. So that I can get the best of both worlds. The flavor and texture! Thus, this amazing Keto cloud bread recipe was concocted.
Thankfully it’s rather easy to whip up a batch of the easy Keto bread recipe. I can make up a batch and then have cloud bread slices for the entire week ready to go.
How to make Easy KETO Cloud Bread
Depending on what type of Keto Cloud bread you want, there will be a few variations to the recipe. They will be noted in the recipe.
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 ounces Sour Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 25 grams Pea Protein Powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-3 tablespoons Swerve or Monk Fruit sweetener
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
Line a cookie baking sheet with parchment paper or Silicon baking mat
Basic Keto Cloud Bread
- Separate Egg yolks and egg whites into separate bowls
- Place egg yolks into a bowl and combine with sour cream, pea powder.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Place egg whites into a mixing bowl with cream of tartar.
- Beat until the egg whites form very stiff peaks
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Do not break down the egg whites with mixing too rapidly. They need to remain stiff and fluffy.
- Spoon 6 equal mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten each circle very slightly to create a smooth circle.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Do not overbake or it will crumble.
- Cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
- Store in a zipper bag in the refrigerator for 1 week, or freezer for longer storage.
Savory Keto Cloud Bread Alternative
- Add the Italian herb blend and garlic powder to the bowl with the egg yolks at the beginning and mix until smooth.
- Follow the rest of the recipe as outlined above.
Sweet Keto Cloud Bread Alternative
- Add the swerve or monk fruit sweetener in the egg yolk bowl in the beginning and mix until smooth.
- Follow the rest of the recipe as outlined above.
- Do not double the batch, the heavier amount will flatten the egg whites easily and you will end up with a runny mess.
- The texture if best if eaten within 12 hours. But extras can be stored in airtight container for about a week.
- If you don't have pea protein, remove sour cream and use 3 oz softened cream cheese. I found the pea protein is great for helping the cloud bread not be sticky in your mouth and have a closer bread-like texture.
Now Foods Pea Protein Unflavored (2 Pack)
Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Natural Sweetener
Swerve Sweetener, Granular
Silicone Baking Mat,Sagiter Baking Mat,Macaron/Pastry/Cookie/Bun/Bread Making -Nonstick-2 packs，15.7"x11.6"
KitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk - Contour Silver
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you want a plain cloud bread, you will want to omit the spices, and sweetener and just go with the most basic 4 ingredient recipe.
If you don’t have pea protein, you can still make this work by changing out the sour cream and using cream cheese in its place. I found the pea protein is great for helping the cloud bread not be sticky in your mouth and have a closer bread-like texture. But this is also an optional ingredient.
The great thing is that the Keto Cloud bread can be stored in the fridge for about a week.
I like to make up a batch for the entire week in one day. And then that makes my breakfast and lunches much easier the rest of the week.
To warm up the keto cloud bread, simply cook on a medium-low heat in a pan for a couple minutes. But don’t walk away. It heats up quickly and then begins to darken.
Once you bake up your bread, there are so many tasty ways to enjoy this low carb, gluten free keto cloud bread.
Make sandwiches, or avocado toast, or try our mouthwatering KETO Bruschetta recipe.
Or try this popular Toasted Roast Beef Caprese Sandwich.
I also love making a tasty KETO Buffalo Chicken sandwich with Keto cloud bread. But I haven’t perfected that recipe…yet! Keep an eye out for that goodie coming soon.
No matter how you use your easy Keto cloud bread recipe, you’ll find you can soon enjoy foods that once required bread. But without the excessive carbs and sugars.
What is your favorite way to use KETO Cloud bread?
Find more Quick and Easy Family Dinners HERE!
Like our easy Keto Cloud Bread Recipe?
BE SURE TO PIN AND SHARE this Low carb, gluten free, Keto Cloud Bread Recipe WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
Eating Around the Table Beginners Guide to Easy Homemade Family Dinners
Discover the ideas, recipes, and strategies to easy homemade family friendly dinners and how to create memories around the table.
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Grab Nabisco Collect to Win Family size Snacks and Score! - October 12, 2018
- The Best Ever Keto Bruschetta Recipe - September 18, 2018
- Best Keto Bread Easy Cloud Bread Recipe - September 17, 2018