This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeBetterCookies #CollectiveBias #ChocolateChipCookies
If you want the perfectly soft and chewy cookie like you see at bakeries and specialty shops, with a pairing of peanut butter and chocolate chips, these are the cookies for you! These super soft and chewy Peanut Butter chocolate chip cookies are the most popular cookie recipe with no chilling required. Just ultra thick, soft, chocolate chip cookies!
When I think back on my childhood, I am flooded with memories of baking cookies with my mom. When I was younger, we would make cookies at least once a week. Often, we would take some to neighbors, adopted grandparents or just dear friends. It was one of the traditions I looked forward to most each week.
I loved the time I spent making cookies at my mother’s side. I learned math skills, fractions, and culinary skills. Plus, it was just a great time to spend connecting with my mom.
And goodness knows we all enjoyed indulging in the warm chewy chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven!
My Mom taught me so many culinary tricks to making the best chocolate chip cookies. And yet, when I started making cookies on my own for my own kids, I just couldn’t get it to turn out like they did when I baked with my mom.
I couldn’t get my cookies to turn out soft and chewy!
Oh, I could get them to be tasty. And they were delicious. But they were also crispy. Which is great if that is what you are going for. But when I’m aiming for a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie, crispy just doesn’t cut it.
That is until I discovered the secret to getting the perfect softest and chewiest chocolate chip cookies every time!
And would you believe it is as simple as using ONE secret ingredient?
The secret behind the Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Want to know my secret? I replace a portion of the sugar in my favorite cookie recipe with Karo® Corn Syrup!
As long as I can remember, we’ve always had Karo® Corn Syrup on our shelves as a child and even as an adult. Being the leading corn syrup brand with over 100 years of quality, it was a common staple in our pantry and in my mom’s kitchen.
Over the years, we have used Karo® Corn Syrup for all kinds of goodies from old fashioned candy, caramels, carmel apple popcorn balls, peanut brittle, and even Thanksgiving’s pecan pie!
While Karo® Corn Syrup is a staple of Southern cuisine used often as a sweet topping for pancakes, it is a brilliant secret ingredient that helps your baked goods turn out chewier on the outside yet still soft in the middle.
Even adding Karo® Corn Syrup to your existing recipe will only enhance traditional cookie recipes. It lets you get that perfectly soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie every single time!
But because Karo® Corn Syrup is a liquid form, it cannot be substituted for granulated sugar without adjusting other ingredients.
I used my mom’s traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe that we used when I was a child. And I reduced down to only 1 egg and switched out the white granulated sugar for 1/2 cup Karo® Corn Syrup.
And let me tell you, this is the BEST soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe we’ve ever made! And it’s also the easiest to make with the least amount of ingredients!
Peanut Butter Twist to Chocolate Chip Cookies
One thing I absolutely love about chocolate chip cookies is just how easy it is to customize the cookie specifically for your preferred taste! There are all kinds of flavors you can add such as:
- Add 1 cup shredded coconut to the recipe
- Include a cup of almonds, walnuts, or pecans along with the chocolate chips
- Add raisins in place of chocolate chips (GASP! – but there are those people that prefer raisins to chocolate chips…not me, but they are out there)
- Use toffee chips instead of chocolate chips
- Use white chocolate chips
- Try using candy coated chocolates for a more colorful cookie
- Use a mix of butterscotch and chocolate chips
You can easily switch out or add to the chocolate chips in the recipe and have a unique cookie that is perfect for your cookie cravings.
One of my favorite combinations is peanut butter and chocolate. But peanut butter cookies are not high on my list.
So instead – I added a peanut butter twist to my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe! And it is insanely easy!
Because of the harvest colors of the peanut butter candies, these chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are perfect for any autumn holiday, gathering or event!
But still perfectly enjoyable any season all year long.
- 3/4 cup Softened Butter
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Karo® Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 Cups All purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 12-15 ounces Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- 12 oz Candy Coated Peanut Butter Candies (peanut butter candy in a crunchy shell)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Soften butter to room temperature
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until fluffy
- Beat in Karo® Corn Syrup, egg, and vanilla
- Gradually mix in flour, baking soda, and sea salt until well combined
- Stir in Peanut Butter Cups and Peanut Butter Candies
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out perfectly equal cookie balls onto a silicone mat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until lightly brown
- Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes
- Remove from baking sheet and continue cooling on a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container to keep fresh and chewy.
- This recipe can be doubled for larger crowds.
- If you use an electric mixer, it may break up the peanut butter cups. That is OK. But if you would prefer them to stay in a solid piece, you may want to mix on very low speed or by hand.
- If you happen to lightly overcook a batch of cookies where they are crisper, don't worry. Place them in an airtight plastic bag and let sit overnight. By next morning they should be soft and chewy again.
- For added flavor, I like to use Salted Butter, but that's just my preference.
- For best results, use ingredients as listed, in the amounts listed to have the best success of the recipe.
You can easily find all these ingredients in most national grocery stores. Easy to find ingredients, and easy to make. And even easier to enjoy!
Make it even more memorable by making these cookies with your kids or grandkids.
Tasks that younger kids can help complete include:
- measuring ingredients
- cracking the egg
- pouring ingredients into the mixing bowl
- mixing by hand (NEVER leave a child unattended near electric mixer of any kind)
- scooping out the cookie dough onto the baking sheets.
- removing cooled cookies to cooling rack
These will be moments they will treasure with sweet memories for more than just the cookie’s sake.
Find even more mouthwatering cookie recipes!
Like this Post? Pin It for Later!
You may also like these Lime Sugar Cookies!
Or maybe you are looking for the Best Snickerdoodle’s recipe that melts in your mouth!
If you want a cookie that is jam packed with fun – try these fantastic Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies.
She is dedicated to helping you leave a legacy of moments and celebrated milestones for your family to treasure generation after generation.
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Best Thanksgiving Wreaths to Welcome All Your Holiday Guests in Style - November 19, 2019
- How to get a perfect Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie everytime! - October 30, 2019
- Haunted Halloween Fireplace Mantel Ideas - October 15, 2019