Love Strawberries? Try the Best Low Sugar, No-Cook Strawberry Freezer Jam Recipe! Insanely easy in about 30 minutes, Lasts approximately 1 year frozen.
I am absolutely in love with Summer Strawberries. But here’s the kicker, they don’t last long. If you don’t eat them quickly, they easily spoil.
When strawberries go on sale, or we have a good harvest of strawberries we always make Strawberry Rhubarb Jam. I love having shelf-stable strawberry jam on hand because it lasts so much longer. And still tastes great.
But there is just something so magical about No-cook, low sugar strawberry freezer jam! It seems to keep that fresh strawberry taste more than cooked jam.
Not to mention it is so much easier to make and takes a lot less time. So I always make sure I have a good collection of strawberry freezer jam in our freezer as well.
Easy no-cook low sugar Strawberry Freezer Jam Recipe
Now there are many kinds of strawberry freezer jam out there. Some use so much sugar that you lose the fresh strawberry flavor. It’s just this spread of sweet stuff with a hint of strawberries.
That’s not what I like. I like the flavor of strawberries to really shine with the perfect balance between sweet and tart.
Some strawberry freezer jam recipes use no pectin, but they require cooking the jam to get it to set up. Others use pectin but also require cooking the jam. And while these ARE good, I personally think no-cook is the best version!
Growing up, the only kind of jam I would eat was my Mom’s Homemade Strawberry Freezer Jam recipe. I used to continually make it over the years, but somehow in the most recent move, I can’t seem to find that recipe anymore. *Sad Day!*
But after experimenting and going off of what I can remember, I think I have hit on the perfect flavor that I remember in my childhood in an even easier method!
I do remember my mom’s recipe used a Strawberry Flavored Kool-aid packet. I’m not sure if this was for added flavor, or color, or even both. But I know my mom’s recipe used more sugar, so it could be the kool-aid packet was meant to help balance out the sweetness.
But in my no-cook low sugar strawberry freezer jam recipe, I do away with the kool-aid packet, and I was able to reduce the amount of sugar I use too, and STILL come up with the flavor of my mom’s strawberry freezer jam.
My kids were my first taste testers. And let me tell you, they are absolutely crazy over this no-cook low sugar strawberry freezer jam. My 14 year old can’t stop raving about how it’s the best jam he has ever tasted!
And my kids have already gone through one full batch in just one week. Now I have to make more to restock our freezer. But that’s Ok because it’s so easy! Just a few minutes prepping the strawberries, and then 30 minutes to set. And that’s it!
It’s so easy that my kids always help me make this strawberry freezer jam. They help to wash and hull the strawberries. They like to push the button on the food processor. My kids also love to add the lids and labels to the jars when it’s all done. And then, of course, they love to help eat it too.
- 4 cups strawberry purée (2lbs whole)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 Tablespoons Ball RealFruit Instant Freezer Pectin
- 1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Wash strawberries well
- Hull strawberries
- Purée strawberries
- Combine sugar and pectin in mixing bowl
- Add strawberries, lemon juice, and vanilla
- Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes
- Ladle into freezer safe air tight containers leaving 1” headspace.
- Place lids on top.
- Label jams with contents, month and year it's made.
- Let sit for 30 minutes before freezing or using.
- Jam lasts approximately 1 year in the freezer or 7-13 days in the fridge.
- It's important to use pure vanilla extract and not imitation.
- The lemon juice is purely for the affect on the flavor. It's not needed to keep the fruit fresh.
- When I make this jam, I save one jar to put into the fridge to use right away and the others go into the freezer.
- This recipe makes approximately 6 half pints of jam.
- Do not double the batch. It will not set up correctly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recommended products to make No-cook Strawberry Freezer Jam
There are all kinds of strawberry hullers out there that you can use. But my favorite is just the simple steel Endurance Strawberry Huller. It’s quick, simple and less expensive than the fancier models out there.
I prefer to puree my strawberries in my Ninja Blender/Food Processor. I can fit all 2 lbs of the strawberries into the food processor attachment. And it purees the strawberries much quicker than by hand. And it’s a lifesaver for those that suffer from carpal tunnel or arthritis.
Plus the Ninja Food Processor is more affordable than the fancy competitors, and after using the top 3 blender brands on the market, I actually prefer the Ninja. They didn’t pay me to say this. I just honestly love it better.
I put my other High Price Tag blender in the basement because this Ninja works so much better! Plus I use the food processor attachment all the time and it saves so much room in the cupboard.
Check out how I use this blender and food processor to make Mini Caramel Apple Pies in less time!
Anyway… Back to the no-cook Low Sugar strawberry freezer jam!
I really like the Ball Plastic Freezer jars for the storing. Sure you can use other tupperware with lids. And it works. But we like those for leftover food.
Plus the Ball plastic freezer jars are a perfect size, have an easy 1″ headspace measurement marked, and they fit so well in the door of the freezer and fridge. And I don’t run the risk of a glass jar shattering. (It’s totally happened before).
Now the secret to this no-cook low sugar strawberry freezer jam recipe is the pectin. You NEED to make sure you have the right kind. Not all pectin is the same and not all set up the same.
In order for you to use less sugar and still not cook the jam, you need the Ball RealFruit Instant Pectin or the Ball Realfruit Freezer Pectin. These are the only two I’ve found that works consistently without cooking. And both allow for the recipe to still set up with less sugar.
How to use no-cook low sugar strawberry Freezer Jam.
One thing that I absolutely love about this easy no-cook strawberry freezer jam recipe is that it has so many ways to use it!
Because it’s not cooked it tastes amazing on foods that you would normally pair with fresh strawberries.
Some of my favorite ways to use this low sugar strawberry freezer jam include:
- Spread on top of crackers – Ritz, Saltines, Graham Crackers, and all! (always my favorite snack as a kid)
- Ice Cream topping
- Fruit filling for cupcakes
- Fruit filling for yogurt
- Strawberry Shortcake Topping. (How my Mom always made strawberry shortcake)
- Spread on toast, bagel, English muffin, bread, etc.
- Spread on Pancakes, waffles and French Toast
- Sweet topping for German Pancakes.
- No-bake cheesecake topping.
- Fudge Brownie cheesecake topping.
- Spread on breakfast muffins
- Top breakfast chocolate doughnuts.
- Donut injected filling
- Sweet Crepe filling
- Spread on Biscuits
- Spread on Sweet Southern Corn Bread or Corn Muffins
The options are endless!
Now you can make the best ever no-cook low sugar strawberry freezer jam and hear the praise from your family.
How would you use this no-cook low sugar strawberry freezer jam recipe?
LIKE OUR EASY NO-COOK LOW SUGAR STRAWBERRY FREEZER JAM RECIPE?
BE SURE TO PIN AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
She is dedicated to helping you leave a legacy of moments and celebrated milestones for your family to treasure generation after generation.
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Haunted Halloween Fireplace Mantel Ideas - October 15, 2019
- Why Cat lovers need a Quote from Nationwide Pet Insurance - October 14, 2019
- How to Make a Tulle Halloween Wreath Tutorial - October 9, 2019