I am a Good Cook Kitchen Expert. As such I received cooking tool to aid in the creation of our Breakfast Burrito Bowls. No other compensation was received; all opinions are our own.
One of the meals I really struggle with is Breakfast. I don’t know why; but I just never feel up to baking a big dish for breakfast; even though I know it is the most important meal of the day. But there is still one menu item that I will gladly put forth some effort into making every now and then; because it is just so amazing! A delicious breakfast burrito!
There are a lot of fun ways to make a breakfast burrito. But I wanted something a little more unique. Something that would stand out. I also wanted something that looked chic enough that I could also pass it off as a dinner item. So let’s turn a boring old tunnel burrito into fun and edible breakfast burrito bowls! Because when our food looks fun; it always tastes better right?
Breakfast Burrito Bowls Recipe
Out of this World Breakfast Burrito Bowls | A Hearty & Delicious Breakfast Recipe
Out of this world Breakfast burrito cups! The delicious nature of a bacon & potato breakfast burrito in a chic and fun tortilla cup!
- 6 Large eggs
- 6 Small Flour tortilla shells
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- dash of onion powder
- 4 tablespoons Fresh salsa
- handful Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Fresh Cilantro to your liking (I used the leaves of about 6 plant stems)
- Ore-Ida hash browns - Southern Style diced potatoes
- 2 tablespoons sliced Jalapenos (optional)
- 4 strips Hormel Center cut bacon (cooked)
- Line Bake-a-bowl pan with folded Tortillas in bowl shape
- Bake at 350 until warmed nad golden. Check every 5 mintues to prevent over cooking
- Cook the bacon and slightly cool.
- Cut into small bits.
- Combine eggs, cilantro, salt, pepper, onion powder and whip until smooth.
- Add fresh salsa, potatoes, bacon and optional jalapenos
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook in skillet.
- At stage when eggs would be folded over for a great omelet; scramble the egg mixture.
- Cook until just slightly wet. Don't over cook.
- Fill the Tortilla bowls
- Top with Shredded cheese
- Return to oven and bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Now here is the funny part. I do not like eggs. I can’t eat them plain. I can’t eat them scrambled. I can’t even eat an omelet. It’s a left over food aversion from when I was pregnant with Jonathan over 10 years ago. BUT; I can chow down on these breakfast burrito bowls like they are candy and not have a problem. Hey, I never claimed to be normal. But that should show you just how amazingly delicious these breakfast burrito bowls really are!
The inspiration for these Breakfast Burrito bowls came from our camping days. Remember our amazing Dutch Oven Potatoes recipe? We always have that the last night of camping. It’s a family tradition; that I honestly can’t tell you how far back it goes. A long time though. So the next morning; we usually make up the most amazing breakfast burritos with the left over dutch oven potatoes as part of the breakfast burrito.
So that got me thinking; how can I get that same delicious goodness; but without having to do all the work of creating the dutch oven potatoes early in the mornings? This is what I came up with and it is pretty darn close to the real deal!
You will want to pre-cook the Hormel center cut bacon. I do not like soggy bacon. I like crisp and fresh. So have the bacon cooking while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
Line the Bake-A-Bowl pan from Sweet Creations with small flour tortillas to create a bowl shape. Place the top of the Bake-A-Bowl pan so that it will keep the tortillas in the right shape. And bake at 350 degrees to warm and brown the tortillas while you prepare the breakfast burrito filling. Be sure to check on them every 5 minutes to ensure they don’t get too dark.
Gather your ingredients and mix up the egg mixture. This includes the 6 eggs, fresh cilantro, salt, pepper, fresh salsa, and Onion powder (if you have fresh onions; definitely use them instead! But I didn’t so I had to resort to onion powder). Mix until smooth egg mixture. Then add the Ore-Ida cubed hashbrowns, and bacon.
Hopefully by now your bacon is finished cooking and cooled slightly. Take 4 strips and using our favorite kitchen scissors just cut them into small pieces and add to the egg mixture.
On a warmed skillet; melt just a pat of butter. Pour in the egg mixture. Sprinkle with your favorite Sharp Cheddar or Colby Jack Cheese. About the time you would fold the egg for an omelet; instead begin to saute it like you would scrambled eggs. Cook just until the eggs are formed and only slightly wet. You don’t want dry eggs.
Portion the egg mixture into the tortilla bowls in the Bake-A-Bowl pan. Top with more shredded cheese. Return to the oven and bake at 375 degrees for another 5-10 minutes; or until the cheese is melted and potatoes are soft to your liking.
Remove and serve. I like to top mine with some sour cream. Oh so delicious! I can indulge in two of these each time! I made these for lunch one day, cause I wanted to have good lighting for our pictures. (It’s been a week full of storms, snow, rain, hail, more snow and more rain and very little sunshine). But we enjoyed them so much; I ended up making them again the very next day for breakfast!
Now here is a great alternative for the more picky husbands! My Husband doesn’t like the potatoes in his breakfast burrito. And you know what? That is just fine! You can actually customize these quite easily! So I made three Breakfast Burrito Bowls for me and three for him. So I merely cut the ingredients in half as I mixed up my egg mixture. Then did it again as I mixed up the Husband’s egg mixture. For his egg mixture I used
- 3 large eggs
- onion powder
- a half handful of fresh cilantro
- 2 spoonfuls fresh salsa
- Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 strips cut up bacon
- spoonfuls of sliced Jalapenos
Cause remember how the husband loves hot and spicy bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos? Yeah; these are perfect to go along with those! So I threw in a lot of sliced jalapenos for him in place of the potatoes. And he was quite happy!
So if you are also looking for something fresh to bring back some joy into your breakfast be sure to try our fresh Bacon and Potato Breakfast Burrito bowls! And if you love it; be sure to pin it and share our blog post with your friends and family!
If you are in love with that awesome Bake-A-bowl pan that we used like we are; you can use the coupon code: BAKEBOWL to get 25% off your Good Cook order! And be sure to follow Good Cook on Twitter and on Facebook! And be sure to check out the linky below to see what other creative things bloggers are doing with their Bake-a-bowl pan!
Enter to win a bake-a-bowl!
- The contest is open USA only
- Ages 18+ Only
- Void where prohibited by Law
- Winners will be announced on our winners page once they have been selected, verified and accepted their prize.
- Winners will be notified via email. Winners will have 24 hrs to confirm and accept or another winner will be drawn.
- Giveaway closes at 11:59pm EST May 15, 2014
- Note: you must complete the mandatory entry on the form.
- All other entries on the form are optional, but will greatly increase your chances of winning the more entries you complete.
- See complete rules and regulations on the entry form below.
- By entering this giveaway you are providing your information to JadeLouise Designs for contest purposes only. Your information will not be used for any other purpose than to verify contest entries and to notify and award prize to the winner.
Note: JadeLouise Designs is not responsible for fulfillment of prize. Although sponsor works hard to ship products out quickly. Most prizes are shipped immediately after the winner’s information is submitted, but sometimes there is a delay and can take up to 8-10 weeks.
How would you garnish our Breakfast burrito bowls?
What would you pair with our Breakfast burrito bowls?
Giveaway is now closed. See the winner/s on our Winners Page.
Good Cook contest rules
One prize per household for each Good Cook event. If someone wins on 2 or more blogs, they – or their family members – cannot win a second prize from another blog in the same event. If a household has won a prize in a Good Cook event, they can’t win again for 6 months. If a household has won more than one prize in a previous Good Cook event, they can’t win again for 12 months. Good Cook will confirm that winners are eligible and will disqualify anyone who has won more than once. Prizes ship from Good Cook and can take 8-10 weeks after the contest ends, unless otherwise stated. You must be 18 or older to win. US shipping addresses only. Good Cook reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value if sufficient inventory is not available.
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Inside look at the hottest Musical Toy for Kids – Think & Learn Rocktopus - November 20, 2018
- Tropical Raspberry Luscious Slush Punch Recipe - November 7, 2018
- Grab Nabisco Collect to Win Family size Snacks and Score! - October 12, 2018