I’m sharing how our family enjoys a delicious summer treat without heating up the house with this delicious No bake Chocolate cheesecake tart with Goldfish® Pretzel crust as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #GoldfishTales
Summer is a time when we love to do baking with our kids. And when I can incorporate a snack that they love –Goldfish® Pretzel. Well, it makes it that much more special.
But summer also means I hate doing anything that will increase the temperature in our home. So I absolutely love an easy no bake treat! The kids have been asking for something with chocolate, a cheesecake and Goldfish Pretzel; so I decided to combine them all for a mouthwatering summer treat! An easy no bake chocolate cheesecake tart with a Goldfish Pretzel crust.
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Tarts
Now, no bake cheesecake recipes are one of my absolute favorite desserts. It is also our most popular dessert recipe on the blog. But sometimes I just feel like something chocolate instead. So we worked to put together this delicious chocolate cheesecake tart. It’s inspired by a fluffy cocoa tart my neighbor brought me one year ago. And now it is one of my favorites to make.
Plus they come in the perfect individual tarts sizes, which are adorable and fun to eat.
- 1 1/4 cup Goldfish Pretzels crushed
- 1/3 Cup melted butter
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 9 teaspoons hot cocoa mix powder
- 1 1/5 cup whipped topping
- Combine all the crust ingredients.
- Press into Tart shells to form the crust
- Allow to cool in fridge
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth
- Mix in hot Coco mix
- Fold in the Whipped Topping
- Divide into Goldfish Pretzel tart shells
- Cool in Fridge 1 hour
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips or sprinkles or any toppings you would like and 1 Goldfish Pretzel
The great thing about this recipe is that it is easy enough that the kids can help make it! But if you want them to keep the fingers out of the filling, you’d better have a fun Goldfish Pretzel snack portion set aside for the kids to munch on!
Goldfish Pretzels are a great option for kids as they are fun shaped, easy finger foods, and they taste great. They are also great to mix into popcorn, trail mix or just put in a bag for traveling- (this saved our sanity this last month as we did far too much driving and these were perfect for the kids!)
But back to our yummy summer treat with the Goldfish Pretzel snacks. They have such a great flavor that they really add to the no bake chocolate cheesecake. And they are easy to use for the crust to give it a unique flavor.
Begin by creating the crust. Process the Goldfish Pretzel in a food processor.
You want to pulse it until you have a fine crumb base.
Combine with the sugar and melted butter. Then compact the crumb base into a mini pie dish (or if you have a mini cheesecake pan, that is even better). Make sure you get the sides of the dish as well.
Now set these crusts into the freezer to cool and harden while you create the cheesecake filling. Once you have the filling made, spoon it into the crusts and return to either the fridge or freezer. The freezer will give it a faster set up time, but might make it harder texture. The fridge will take longer, about an hour. But either way works. I have done both methods and it doesn’t change the flavor in any way.
Once the chocolate cheesecake tarts are cooled and set up, you can remove and top with mini chocolate chips and a fun Goldfish Pretzel for decoration.
You can serve them in the pan or very carefully remove from the pan and serve on it’s own. Either works. Although outside the pan, the Goldfish Pretzel crust is a lot more messy. But seriously who cares about messy? These are amazingly delicious!
For more great ideas on how to build lasting and fun memories with your kids visit GoldfishSmiles! They have great ideas of moments to share with Goldfish Pretzels and build lasting memories with your family. Plus you can participate in the Goldfish Tales promotion and share your own photos and stories for a chance to win!
Goldfish Tales promotion details:
- Entrants are asked to share a photo and story for a chance to win a case of product each month and an awesome trip to the U.S. location of the winner’s choice, so that he/ she can create more Goldfish tales!
- No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes ends 7/31/15. Must be resident of 50 US/DC, 18 & older. Void where prohibited. Limit one entry per email address/ day.
How does your family enjoy Goldfish Pretzels?
In your house, who will be the first to dig into this No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Tart
- Wholesome Fruit Filled Breakfast Cereal Bars Recipe - March 21, 2020
- Adorable and Easy Thanksgiving Turkey Wreath for your front door - November 19, 2019
- How to make the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies from scratch with Peanut Butter Twist - October 30, 2019