Last week my brother and sister-in-law invited us over to pick cherries off their tree. I’m on a cherry kick right now, so I was all over that.
After 45 minutes of sour sticky juice running down our arms, we decided that we had enough cherries. We took them home and I almost immediately started in on this recipe.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping, thawed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 graham cracker crust, prepared
- Whisk cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Mix in Sweetened condensed milk until incorporated.
- Add whipped topping and mix until smooth.
- Mix in the lemon juice last – this will thicken your cheesecake immediately.
- Pour into pie shell and refrigerate 2 – 4 hours.
- Top with cooled Sour Cherry Topping
Do you see how perfect this is?
I’ve made other recipes for no bake, and this one beats them all, hands down. It’s light, fluffy, creamy and firm. No spooning out pudding mix when it comes to this cheesecake!
There’s only one thing that would make this even better…
The Sour Cherry Topping!
The Sour Cherry Topping is equal parts sweet and sassy.
It thickens as it cools. Look at that delicious red color.
Doesn’t it look like I opened a can and poured it out? I didn’t. And this almost looks better than that since I know I picked these cherries, pitted them, cooked them, then devoured them!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sour cherries, pitted
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup cherry juice or water
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- Bring cherries, sugar and water/juice to a boil on the stove, stirring frequently.
- In a separate bowl, mix lemon juice and cornstarch.
- Stir cornstarch into cherry mixture.
- Return to boil, stirring constantly. This will scorch if you’re not careful!
- Cook until mixture has thickened (1 – 2 minutes more).
- Remove from heat and taste. Add more sugar if needed.
- Let cool and serve over No Bake Cheesecake
It’s the perfect summer recipe. Cherries are only in season during the summer, and you don’t have to bake the cheesecake! No heating your oven means it’s nice and cool at your house.
The rest of the sour cherries we picked are sitting in the freezer. Just waiting for us. I am salivating just thinking about them. Uh, yeah did I mention I’m eating this right now? As in, right now. I couldn’t wait. I have no willpower.
If you decide to use NON sour cherries, cut back on the sugar. Use ½ cup instead of ¾.
What is one of your favorite summer desserts?