Halloween is fast approaching and that means it is time to get our spook on when it comes to our baking! The kids absolutely love when we get creative in the kitchen near the holidays. Making Halloween Cupcakes is always a favorite. They think it makes the cupcakes taste that much better when it is decorated in a fun fashion. Like these spooky Slime Eyeball Halloween Cupcakes!
They are perfect for a fun Halloween party you host at your home, with adults or kids. They are sure to be a hit! Plus they are really easy to throw together and make the best table decoration and party food all at once!
Slime Eyeball Halloween Cupcakes
Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 C Flour
- 2 C Sugar
- 1 C Dark Cocoa
- 1 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C Whole Milk
- 1/2 C Oil
- 2 TSP Vanilla
- 1 C Boiling Water
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 C unsalted butter, room temp
- 4 + C powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
Green Slime & Eye Ingredients:
- Green gel blood
- Candy Eye
Chocolate Cupcake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Combine the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Mixing until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla together until completely smooth in another bowl.
- Add half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour in half of the buttermilk. Whisking softly.
- Repeat with the rest of the wet ingredients and buttermilk. Blend until just combined.
- The batter will be a little thin.
- Scoop batter into cupcake paper liners until 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes while in the cupcake pan.
- Remove from the cupcake pan placing on a wire rack until completely cool.
Vanilla Frosting Directions:
- Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- If it doesn't cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then....
- Add more powder sugar 1/2 C at a time.... mix well.
- If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a round tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
Lastly, we need to decorate the Halloween Cupcakes. This is what sets the Halloween Cupcakes apart from any other cupcake; the fun decorating.
And the best part is that it is insanely easy to do! Simply drip some of green slime down on the sides of the frosted cupcake. Then add a candy eye in the center of the frosted cupcake. That’s it! See I told you it was easy!
And the best part is that the kids can help decorate the Halloween Cupcakes for your upcoming Halloween Party!
Pick up some fun Spooky Halloween Decor at your local craft store and set up a fun spooky table decor! And then place the Halloween Cupcakes around the table to complete the look!