One of my favorite breakfast foods are homemade muffins all made from scratch. While I love many different types of muffins, I much prefer homemade from scratch because they have a lot less sugar. Yet they still pack a great flavor every one will rejoice over! Recently I mixed up a batch of our blueberry muffins recipe and everyone was in love! With real plump blueberries and a super moist and fluffy center and slightly crisp muffin shell. It’s an actual breakfast food and not to be mistaken for the high sugar bakery confection that is more cake than muffin you find in most bakeries.
Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 cups Frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease Muffin cups or use paper liners.
- Beat egg, stir in milk and oil.
- Sift flour and measure and add Sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine Dry ingredients with the egg mixture.
- Stir until the flour is moistened.
- Batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Don’t over mix.
- Gently Fold in still frozen blueberries.
- If you like a lot of berries in your muffins add a full 2 cups; if you like less, only add 1 cup.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy!
The trick to making amazing blueberry muffins is adding in the berries while they are still frozen. It helps to keep them from getting squished as you gently fold the batter and then dish into the muffin tins. Also when you mix in the blueberries being very gentle to fold them into the muffin batter is crucial. I always use a soft spatula instead of a whisk or such. It will be more gentle on the frozen blueberries. Blueberries is a huge favorite in our family, but if you are lucky enough to have access to Huckleberries that would be our favorite pick. So definitely try it with frozen Huckleberries! Want another delicious flavor? Try our Currant Muffin Recipe next! If you liked this recipe post, and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list or follow our popular Tried and True Recipes board on Pinterest.
What do you like to eat with your blueberry muffins in the morning?
Give our Blueberry Muffins Recipe a Try,
I’d love to hear your success via email or on our Facebook page!
She is dedicated to helping you leave a legacy of moments and celebrated milestones for your family to treasure generation after generation.
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Haunted Halloween Fireplace Mantel Ideas - October 15, 2019
- Why Cat lovers need a Quote from Nationwide Pet Insurance - October 14, 2019
- How to Make a Tulle Halloween Wreath Tutorial - October 9, 2019