Easy Moist Oven Pot Roast Dinner
- 1 roast, Beef or pork variety
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onions sliced/diced
- 2-2 1/2 cups beef broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 250F Degrees.
- Brown the Roast in a large pot (oven safe pan) on the burner at Medium to Medium-High heat. Be sure to rotate the roast so that all sides are browned. (I also add approx. 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive oil in the middle of the browning.)
- Near the end of the browning of the Roast, add ½ Onion,sliced/diced or just broken into pieces. And grill until onions are slightly softened.
- Add approx. 2- 2 ½ Cups Beef Broth (if you don’t have beef broth, 2 Bullion cubes dissolved in 2 ½ cups water is perfect)
- Cover pot and place in oven for 1 hr.
- Peel your Potatoes and slice your carrots (Or use baby carrots).
- After 1 hr cooking time, add the potatoes and Carrots into the Pot with the Roast. Check the liquid level, if it is low, add 1/3 cup more water or broth.)
- Recover the Pot and return to cook in the oven for another 1- 1 ½ Hrs at 250 F degrees.
- Check the potatoes for tenderness. If they are soft,you are finished, if not, simply return to the oven and check every 20 minutes until the potatoes are done.
- Serve! But wait!! You can’t have Roast and Potatoes without Gravy!!!
To top off the meal, make sure you use our delicious and super easy Homemade Lump Free Gravy! It gives you perfectly smooth and lump free gravy with the most amazing flavor each and every time!
If you loved our Recipe, be sure to stumble it so others can find it!
She is dedicated to helping you leave a legacy of moments and celebrated milestones for your family to treasure generation after generation.
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Haunted Halloween Fireplace Mantel Ideas - October 15, 2019
- Why Cat lovers need a Quote from Nationwide Pet Insurance - October 14, 2019
- How to Make a Tulle Halloween Wreath Tutorial - October 9, 2019