I think by now you all know how much I like chocolate. Right? Correction. How much I love chocolate.
That means, by default, I’m a fan of brownies. Not everyone is. I know, shocking. But I am. A few weeks ago we had a going away party for some friends of ours. I decided to bring a treat, and this is what I made.
Triple Chocolate Raspberry Brownies. Using a mix. I love homemade brownies as much as the next girl. But sometimes – ok, most of the time – all I have time for is opening a box, pouring in some water and popping it in the oven.
The triple chocolate comes from the gooey chocolate of the brownie, the semisweet chocolate chips, and the white chocolate chips. The raspberry comes from the eggplant I put on top.
Just wanted to make sure you were paying attention. I but fresh raspberries in this. I folded a few into the batter, then sprinkled the rest on top.
Because of the extra chocolate and the fruit, the brownies are SUPER gooey. Like, you have to sit with the pan on your lap and use a fork.
Is that a problem?
I didn’t think so.
Triple Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
- 1 Brownie Mix
- Eggs (What the box calls for +1)
- Oil (What the box calls for minus a little)
- Water (what the box calls for)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup White chocolate chips
- Mix up the brownie batter according to the instructions on the box.
- Add one egg and reduce the amount of oil.
- Mix in both types of chocolate chips, reserving a quarter of a cup of white chocolate chips.
- Fold in one cup of raspberries.
- Sprinkle remaining raspberries and white chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in preheated oven according to box instructions.
To combat the gooeyness, add an extra egg and lower your oil by a bit. For example, if your recipe calls for ¾ cup of oil, add ½ cup.
And if it’s still gooey, grab a fork and the Netflix remote. You’re not going anywhere for a while.
Whenever I make this, I get lots of moans of appreciation. It’s always fun to seen grown men reduced to incoherent messes as they stand around the brownie plate, shoveling in bite after bite. That’s not a hypothetical situation.
Gooey Triple Chocolate Marshmallow Caramel Brownies Recipe
Monday 7th of March 2016
[…] to brighten things up with some fun baking. Be it easy no bake cookies, peppermint chocolate fudge, triple chocolate raspberry brownies, or chocolate shortbread cheesecake cookies. But if I want to really make the family happy I need […]