As a sponsored member of Collective Bias, I have the opportunity to share our Chicken and Potato Stuffed Croissants Recipe as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. As always all opinions are 100% my own. #OreIdaHashbrn, #shop, #cbias
Are you going to be in charge of any Holiday Entertaining this season? This is the perfect time to try out some new recipes that really bring the smiles to your guest’s faces! But obviously you don’t want to be slaving in the kitchen all day either. Being in Idaho; a common staple is potatoes. So I love to use Ore Ida Hashbrowns in recipes to help speed up the process of meal making. The newest creation in our kitchen is our delicious Creamy Chicken and Potato Stuffed Croissants recipe!
When I went shopping for our weekly groceries I noticed Walmart was hosting a product demo for the Ore Ida Hashbrowns! They were promoting the new packaging featuring the Disney’s Frozen Sweepstakes! I’m super excited about this sweepstakes cause you have a chance to not only win tickets to see the new FROZEN movie; but also a year’s supply of Ore Ida Hashbrowns, $500 Shopping spree, or a Family trip to the Bahamas!
They were also focusing on how the Ore Ida Hashbrowns aren’t just for breakfast! That’s why I love Demos! You get to try out new recipes. And they had a fantastic Cheesy Potato recipe on demo!
- 1 (10.5 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup *
- 2 Cups Sour cream
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 Cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 Cup Sliced green onions
- 1 Package (30 oz.) Ore-Ida® Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- 2 Cups Crushed corn flake cereal
- 1/4 Cup Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 13×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese, onion and hash browns until well mixed. Spoon evenly into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cereal and butter. Sprinkle evenly on top of hash brown mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste if desired. Garnish with additional sliced green onion if desired.
Chicken and Potato Stuffed Croissants Recipe
After hearing of new ways to use Ore Ida Shredded Hashbrowns for something other than breakfast I got thinking. How could I use them in delicious dinner that would be perfect for Holiday Entertaining? And that’s when I thought of this delicious Chicken and Potato Stuffed Croissants recipe.
To begin you cook up our Italian Baked Chicken Recipe. But with one slight alteration. I used Famous Dave’s Steak Seasoning instead of the seasoned salt for this recipe and added a dash of Cayenne pepper for kick. This chicken recipe is filled with flavor and very moist. And best of all it’s cooked with frozen chicken so it saves a lot of time not having to wait for the chicken to thaw!
Once it is baked, let it cool for about 10 minutes. Then shred the chicken and gather the remainder of your ingredients.
In a small bowl combine 1-1/5 cups shredded chicken, 1 handful shredded Mozzarella cheese, 2 handfuls Ore Ida Shredded Hashbrowns and 1 tsp Onion salt. Then spoon enough Sour Cream to make a nice filling texture. Too little sour cream and the filling dries out during cooking. Too much and it is rather runny. So just enough to where is it easy to mix and you have a nice consistency which you will be able to see in our pictures.
Spread out the croissants and spread the chicken and potato filling on the croissants. You can make this thick or thin; it’s up to you. Thicker filling makes it so it’s harder to have a “pretty” looking croissant; but oh so tasty filling. Too little filling and it looks pretty; but not a lot of flavor. I aimed for a medium spread.
Roll your croissants up and place them on a baking sheet. Then cook them at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes; or until Golden brown and you are sure the croissant is no longer ‘doughy”. Then enjoy!
Let me tell you; these were a huge hit in our house. Even picky eater Miss Jade ate them! And if you are more creative in rolling; you can even make them look quite festive for the holidays! Our Chicken and Potato stuffed Croissants would be perfect to take to your next Holiday party, Christmas Dinner, the upcoming Superbowl party, or even just a fun way to brighten up your dinner menu.
- Shredded Italian Baked Chicken
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Ore Ida Shredded Hashbrowns
- 1 tsp Onion Salt
- Can of croissant rolls
- Bake and then shred chicken
- Combine chicken, handful Mozzarella cheese, handful hash browns, onion salt.
- Fold in enough sour cream to make a good filling consistency
- Spread on Croissant dough and roll into croissant shape
- Bake at 350 degrees 20-25 minutes or until Golden and Croissants are no longer doughy.
Be sure to share our Chicken and Potato Stuffed Croissants recipe with your friends and family; believe me, they will thank you for it! And if you really enjoyed it be sure to PIN it, and share on your social sites. We have the easy share buttons below and to the left hand side.
Looking for more great chicken recipes? Check out our popular Italian Baked Chicken and Salsa Slow Cooker chicken. Both made from Frozen Chicken! We also have a great Weight Watchers Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Carbonara Recipe.
How do you enjoy Ore Ida Hashbrowns in a dish besides Breakfast?
What would you pair with our Chicken and Potato Stuffed Croissants Recipe?
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Best Homemade French Fries: Cast Iron Skillet Fried Potatoes Recipe - September 9, 2019
- The Best Easy Chicken Salad Recipe - August 29, 2019
- Easy Unicorn Party Ideas - August 6, 2019