I’m sure you are like me, and are always on the look out for super easy meals that your family will love. I have just the meal for you! It is a very easy crock pot chicken recipe. It’s one of those amazing recipes where you don’t even need to thaw the meat! Just pull the ingredients from the freezer and cupboards, dump in, turn on and walk away! This is a favorite dish in our home. Even my kids eat this! And it is a favorite of the Husband’s. It does make a large portion, so it also has great leftovers which are awesome for the Husband to take to work/school for lunch the next day.
Easy Crock pot Chicken recipe
This recipe is very simple to put together. It takes less than 10 minutes prep work. And produces an amazing result that will have your family singing your praises at the dinner table. But since it is cooked in the crock pot you will need a little planning on your part. I learned of this recipe from fellow friends we’ve met in the army. It’s been passed around between us all and each person has their own version based on what their family enjoys. This is my version. I took the same basic idea and added to it to make it the best mix for my family.
Simply gather all your ingredients together and start throwing them into your crock pot. Place your frozen boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins into the crock pot. Then top with the black beans, corn, salsa, cream cheese, sea salt, lemon juice and red pepper. Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Often I don’t get this into the crock pot until lunch; and since we like dinner earlier than 6pm; I start cooking on low and then at about 4PM I turn it up to High to ensure it is ready for dinner. Be sure to come back and stir a little every 2 hours. About 30 minutes before dinner time, I turn the crock pot off; so that it will have ample time to thicken. During cooking it does tend to get a little runny. But if you allow it to cool a little, it will thicken. And it gets even better the next day. There are quite a few ways to serve this dish once it is cooked.
Crock Pot Chicken dish ideas
Once the crock pot chicken is cooked you can serve it in a rice bowl, bread bowl or on a plate of fresh rice. Or if you are talking to our children, they just want it straight on a plate with nothing added.
But our favorite method is in a chicken wrap. Take a warm large flour tortilla. Spread on some shredded cheese. Add the crock pot chicken. Add sour cream, guacamole, diced tomatoes, lettuce and olives. Roll and enjoy! You can also use a large Greek pita in place of the tortilla. It is just as delicious.
This Crock Pot Chicken is one that stores well in the fridge and is just as good the next day! That is the biggest benefit of this dish, is that everyone will eat the leftovers! Even ME! I hate leftovers. I rarely eat them. But this one; I’m quite fond of! I always make a large batch, to ensure that we have leftovers for the next day. Well, that is if the Husband leaves any for me after he packs his lunch to take to work the next day. He really loves this too.
The crock pot chicken is very family friendly and is given thumbs up by the husband, 9 year old, 7 year old and even the 3 year old. Jade loves picking the beans out and eats them first! This is also the only way I can get her to eat beans.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless FROZEN chicken tenderloins
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 can drained and rinsed Black beans
- 1 can drained Whole Kernel Corn
- 10-16 oz fresh salsa- Recipe:http://busycreatingmemories.com/fresh-homemade-salsa/ or one can of Rotel-- in our experience the fresh salsa gives more flavor and kick, but Rotel works in a pinch
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1½ teaspoons Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Red Pepper
- Place Chicken in crock pot.
- Add Black beans (ensure they are rinsed otherwise it affects the flavor), corn, cream cheese, salsa, lime juice, sea salt, and Ground red pepper on top.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Stir every 2 hours.
- Turn off 20 minutes before serving to allow mixture to thicken.
- Serve on top of rice
- Or rolled in a tortilla or Greek Pita with lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, sliced black olives, sour cream and shredded cheese.
How would you eat this crock pot chicken recipe?
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Ozobot Programmable Robot for kids - November 25, 2015
- Discover the LeapFrog EPIC and why it makes a great Christmas Gift - November 23, 2015
- A Beginners Guide to Baby Photography, 10 Baby Portrait tips. - November 23, 2015