Did you know that National Pi day is coming? No, I’m not joking! There is a National Pi Day on March 14th. So when you hear Pi day, doesn’t that make you think of your favorite slice of pie?
Sure I know National Pi Day is all about celebrating Mathematics. But I was always told that baking is a form of math. You have to convert measurements. And calculate an outcome right? Oh come on. I’m so going to make this work. Because seriously everything is better with a slice of pie. And wouldn’t you just love a great excuse to indulge in your favorite pie?
I’ve been scouring the internet for my favorite pie recipes. All sweet pies. I could have gone with a cool Chocolate pie theme. Or a Fruit pie theme. But lets face it. I’m crazy about all kinds of pies. I couldn’t pick just one theme. So I went after all my favorites. The Classics. The healthy twists. The traditional favorites. And the over indulgent twists of a good slice of pie!
I was inspired to come up with my own twist to a classic favorite! A chocolate Coconut Cream Pie!
Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ Almond Coconut milk (or any milk flavor of your choice)
- 1½ cup scalded Almond Coconut Milk
- ½ Cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-cooked Pie Shell
- whipped topping
- shredded chocolate
- toasted coconut
- In a medium sauce pan sift sugar, starch and salt.
- Add egg yolks and ½ cup milk of choice.
- Begin heating on low heat
- Add 1½ cup scaled milk. (Milk doesn't need to be scaled necessarily just hot. I heated mine in the microwave).
- Add chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and coconut extract.
- Stir and continue to cook on medium heat until pudding consistency.
- Don't over cook or pie will be too thick in texture.
- Remove from heat as soon as it begins to come close to pudding consistency
- Add butter and vanilla extract and stir until butter is melted and blended in.
- Fill the pre-cooked pie shell.
- Cover with plastic wrap and cool in the fridge several hours or overnight until completely cooled and set.
- Top with whipped topping
- Sprinkle with Shredded chocolate and toasted coconut
- Serve and enjoy!
Seriously can’t you see yourself indulging in a slice of this amazing chocolate coconut cream pie? Coconut cream pie is one of my favorites. But the husband prefers chocolate. So this time I thought, why not combine the two? And let me tell you the results were fabulous!
Want more amazing recipes to make for your family? Check out our Tried and true recipes on Pinterest.
Now only one question remains; which pie should I make for National Pi day?
Another Chocolate Cream pie or something from my delicious Pie Collection on foodie?
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- DIY Homework Snack Station + Printable - February 17, 2017
- Amazing Samsung Device Deals at Walmart this Tax Season! - February 17, 2017
- Pot of Gold Crochet Cup Cozy Pattern - February 15, 2017