I just gotta say, this cheesecake needs no introduction. For rizzle.
Fudge. Brownie. Cheesecake. I originally got the idea from A Dash of Sanity for her Fudge Brownie Red Velvet Cheesecake. It looked so mouth watering, I wanted to try it myself. We have to cut out dyes, so I changed it up just a little.
I just love this recipe. There are no weird ingredients, no slaving in the kitchen or waiting forever for the cheesecake to bake or set up. It’s velvety. It’s rich. It’s fudgy.
Confession time. (Let me just ponder a moment as to why most of my confessions have to deal with food…)
Ok. Back to the confession.
I don’t love graham cracker crusts. This one is made of brownie, people. Brownie!
I know, you’re saying, quit talking. Just gimme the recipe.
Well, here you go.
Fudge Brownie Cheesecake
- 1 box brownie mix (plus ingredients to make it)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 2 cups frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- In a spring form pan, pour in ¾ of the prepared brownie mix. (Pour the rest in a smaller pan and bake later. Bake until cooked, and cool completely.
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate chips for thirty seconds and stir. Microwave in 10 second increments until chips are totally melted and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and butter until smooth and creamy.
- While mixing, slowly add in the melted chocolate.
- Mix in the whipped topping.
- Spread on top of cooled brownies.
- Let set for at least 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.
The strawberries really make this dessert. It’s all creamy and rich and delicious.
But put those strawberries on top, and it adds a fresh, tart layer that will blow your mind.
Need dinner before dessert? How about Hot Taco Salad! And if you need some other ideas for a sweet treat, try our Fudge Brownie Pie (another favorite fudge brownie recipe!!) or a Sour Cherry No-Bake Cheesecake.