Ok. Confession time. I love chocolate. All kinds of chocolate. But hey, since we’ve been friends for a while, you probably already know that.
When I was in college, a girl in the apartment upstairs used to make mint brownies whenever we got a little homesick.
It’s no wonder why these delicious treats are synonymous with comfort to my little heart.
Like I mentioned earlier this week, we’ve got dye restrictions at our house. So our mint brownies are still amazing.
Like, uh-MAZE-ing. But they are dye free! The absence of green dye doesn’t make them any less delicious.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 Tsp Mint extract
- 6 TBSP Butter
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x13 baking dish.
- In large bowl, cream sugar and 1/2 cup butter until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in chocolate syrup.
- Stir in flour until just blended. Spread evenly into greased baking dish.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan.
- In small bowl, beat powdered sugar, 1/2 cup butter and mint until smooth.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
- In microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter, mixing at regular intervals, until smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly, then spread over mint layer.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour before cutting.
The brownie is rich and dense, yet still moist and fluffy. I don’t know, but it could be the cup of Hershey’s chocolate syrup! Or it could be the 3 sticks of butter. I dunno.
The thick layer of chocolate layered on top of creamy mint. Oh my heavens. Seriously, you’ll be in heaven.
You can bake up a pan to share with friends or just curl up with Netflix and a fork. And a glass of milk. You don’t want to forget that.