Need a chic Valentine’s Day Gift? Try a DIY Sparkling Juice Bottle Vase: these upcycled bottles make excellent Valentine’s Day gifts for friends, significant other or even a Teacher! Then later it can be used as an adorable vase for silk or fresh cut flowers!
With Valentine’s Day coming up quickly you may be struggling to think up a great gift for someone special.
Whether it is your significant other, a teacher, a child, or your best friend, you need something special. And you need it quick! And I have just the thing!
This upcycled sparkling juice vase Valentine’s Day gift is a super easy craft that you can complete in under an hour! And when it is finished you have a beautiful gift for someone special!
Plus, it’s like 2 gifts in one! A delicious bottle of sparkling juice that pairs perfectly with chocolate! Then after your gift receiver has finished off the juice, they can then use the bottle for a shabby chic vase!
And did I mention it takes less than an hour to complete? It is also very cost effective!
Upcycled Bottle Vase Supplies:
- Bottle of Sparkling Juice ($2-3)
- A roll of Jute Cord 2 ply ($2-6 depending on where you buy it)
- Red Burlap Heart ( $5 at Hobby Lobby for 12) Or get it on amazon.
- Burlap Ribbon 4″ wide ($4.99 at Hobby Lobby)
- Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue.
This actually comes out to be about $4-6 per bottle when you divide up the supplies to what is used just for the bottle. You will have quite a lot of supplies left over if you only make one upcycled bottle vase gift.
Now as I said, these are super easy to make!
Most upcycled bottle vase crafts have you using an old wine bottle. Well, 2 problems here. One, we don’t drink wine. But that is easily solved, we use sparkling juice!
The 2nd problem is that we didn’t have any empty bottles! But again, that is easily solved!
Use a fresh bottle! This way it makes a double gift! A unique way to gift sparkling juice and then it doubles as a vase after the juice is gone!
Pick up your favorite flavor of sparkling juice. Dust off the bottle and make sure it is clean. If you want you can remove the label. But that is more work, and really no one will see it so why make it more work?
Begin by putting a dab of glue on the bottom of the bottle and begin to tightly wrap the jute cord around the base of the bottle. Ensure to use hot glue around the entire base of the bottle as you go to keep the jute cord in place.
Now continue to tightly wind the jute cord around the bottle. I add a little glue to keep it tight about every 5-10 wraps.
Continue this until you have wrapped most of the bottle.
As the bottle begins to taper near the top, you will want to add a dab of glue about 2-4 times per round to keep it tight and from sliding up the bottle.
When you have the bottle wrapped, trim the jute cord and secure it tightly with hot glue.
Take the burlap ribbon and glue it to the center of the jute cord wrap in the center of the bottle. Trim and secure with hot glue.
Take the burlap Heart and glue it onto the center front of the burlap ribbon.
As you can see it already looks great! If you want, you can call it complete at this point!
Or you can keep embellishing! We like embellishments, so I kept going! Plus the glue was visible in the center of the heart, so I wanted to hide that.
Hot glue a burlap rose into the center of the burlap heart.
Now it is complete!
Add a gift tag to the special person you are gifting to. And make sure you mention that it’s a double gift- sparkling juice AND an upcycled bottle vase when the juice is gone!
If you are gifting to someone extra special, put together a “date night” kit! Include:
- dinner (this can be supplies to make a pasta dinner, or a gift card to eat out)
- entertainment (a game, or movie tickets, or a DVD)
- the upcycled sparkling juice bottle vase
- fancy goblet glasses
- fresh flowers
And now you just gave the gift of a special date night for Valentine’s Day!
What flavor of Sparkling Juice will you use for your upcycled bottle Vase?
Be sure to check out the rest of these great Valentine’s Day DIY projects
- Food Fun Family – DIY Rose and Lavender Lotion Bars
- Style on Main – Pearl and Leather Lariat Necklace
- How Was Your Day? – Hugs and Kisses Coasters
- Fun Happy Home – Last Minute Valentine’s Gift Idea
- Cutefetti – The Heart Nose Valentine’s Day Printable Gift
- The Eyes of a Boy – DIY Valentine’s Heart Wreath
- Mommy Snippets – Easy Valentine Gift a Child Can Make
- Busy Creating Memories – DIY Upcycle Bottle Vase Valentine’s Day Gift
- Thrifty Jinxy – DIY Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Sweeten your Valentine’s Day with new OREO Flavors! - February 13, 2019
- Easy Chicken Casserole Recipe – Bacon Chicken Rosa Bake - February 12, 2019
- How to Make German Pancakes Recipe - January 29, 2019