Have a social dinner party coming up? Try this delicious Raspberry fluff recipe. The best old-fashioned fluffy jello fruit salad made with peaches, mangos, raspberry jello, shredded coconut, cottage cheese, marshmallows and whipped cream. This simple dessert takes only five minutes to make and is perfect for picnics, potlucks, and holidays.
Origins of the Raspberry Fluff Recipe
Every year we have numerous family gatherings. Every family gathering always includes food. Because when you have a crowd as large as ours, you have to feed all those mouths.
Inevitably there is one dish that frequently makes an appearance, some kind of a fluff Jello fruit salad. I’ve already shared my sister’s Orange Fluff Jello Salad version. But what about the husband’s side of the family?
A few weeks ago, we were visiting the husband’s family and celebrating his sister’s new baby joining the family. She made the most amazing Raspberry Fluff Jello Fruit salad!
I had never thought to try different flavored fluff jello fruit salad before. And this truly opened a world of possibilities! When we got home I had to start experimenting with different flavors and fruits.
The result is this amazing Peach, Mango, and Raspberry Fluff recipe. I’ve always loved Raspberries and peaches combined. But when I was looking for peaches at the store, I found a can of Diced Mangos. Seeing as my favorite juice is Simply Orange juice with Mango, I had to add that to the flavor pool.
Let me show you how the magic of this amazing raspberry fluff fruit salad recipe came to be.
Easy Raspberry Fluff Recipe for a simple jello fruit salad
What I love about a good fluff jello salad is how insanely easy it is to toss together. You literally just throw ingredients together right before you serve it.
Plus it is very versatile, as you can change up the flavor combinations to fit your family’s preference. It’s the magic of an ambrosia salad dessert with a bit more substance from the jello and cottage cheese!
And if there is an ingredient someone in your family doesn’t like, just leave that one ingredient out, or replace it with something similar they do like.
Easy Raspberry Peach Fluff Jello Fruit Salad recipe
Have a social dinner party coming up? Make this delicious Raspberry Fluff recipe, A sweet treat that serves as a side dish or dessert. This simple fluffy jello fruit salad takes only five minutes to make and is perfect for serving a crowd!
- 8-10 oz homemade whipped cream, cool whip, or truwhip
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 3 oz coconut (optional)
- 8 oz chopped mangoes
- 8 oz chopped peaches
- 4-8 oz fresh raspberries (optional)
- 3 oz box raspberry jello
- 8 oz mini marshmallows
- Dice/Chop or slice the peaches and mangos into bite-size bits
- Gently fold all the fruit with the raspberry jello packet until jello is dissolved
- Add cottage cheese, whipped cream (or cool whip), mini marshmallows and coconut.
- Gently Fold ingredients together until fluffed and well blended.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries, a pinch of shredded coconut and a little piece of peaches or mangos.
- Serve immediately.
- Don't want peaches or mangos? Use 16 oz of any chopped fruit of your choice)
- This recipe makes a large jello salad which is perfect for potlucks or large family gatherings.
- This recipe is best served immediately after it is made. Though it can be stored in the fridge for a few hours if necessary.
- Put leftovers in an air tight container and store in the fridge. While it technically is still good for up to a week, the texture will not be the same or as good as the first day.
If it is the season of the fruit, this jello fruit salad is best if you use fresh fruit. If you have fresh peaches and fresh mangos available, definitely use them!
If not, this recipe still works well with canned fruit.
Serve up the raspberry fluff fruit salad for any picnic, potluck dinner party, or holiday gathering. It makes an excellent side dish, or can even be used as a dessert!
Most of the time there won’t be any leftovers. But if by some slim chance there are leftovers, try to get it eaten within that first day. After it’s been sitting in the fridge more than a day, it’s not as fluffy and a little runny as it all separates.
This Raspberry Fluff recipe is best when made with homemade whipped cream. But obviously, it can easily be substituted with cool whip or truwhip.
Our family loves adding in shredded coconut. It just adds a little more tropical, summery feel to the dish. But I have several extended family members who don’t like coconut. So that ingredient is easy to eliminate if you have a few of those people in your family too.
Other optional ingredients you can add include
- chopped walnuts
- chopped almonds
- diced grapes
- mandarin oranges
- diced apples
- banana slices
- colored mini marshmallows
Want a different flavor combination? Try change out the jello flavor for your own favorite jello. This is also amazing with strawberry or orange jello.
The next time I make this, I want to try it with Lime Jello and see how it tastes. If you happen to try this before me, let me know how it turns out!
LIKE OUR HOMEMADE RASPBERRY FLUFF JELLO SALAD RECIPE?
BE SURE TO PIN AND SHARE THIS RASPBERRY FLUFF RECIPE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Sweeten your Valentine’s Day with new OREO Flavors! - February 13, 2019
- Easy Chicken Casserole Recipe – Bacon Chicken Rosa Bake - February 12, 2019
- How to Make German Pancakes Recipe - January 29, 2019