Sunday Dinners just got even better! Get a juicy & flavorful Pressure Cooker Pot Roast & Gravy in about an hour! All in one pot using the Instant Pot! This article contains affiliate links to aid our readers to find the tools to complete this recipe.
I’m going to be completely honest. Usually about this time of year I get really bored of cooking. Call it part of the winter blues. But the idea of putting together a family dinner with all the pots and pans and dishes to wash afterward just makes me so morose!
This time of year, I often go for easy. And I mean easy all around. Easy to cook, easy to serve and easy to clean up! EASY!
Since we joined the hordes of people who got an Instant Pot pressure cooker for Christmas this last year, I have been dabbling in creating easy family meals with very little cleanup.
One of our favorite family dinners is a juicy and tender pot roast. And while that is easy, it takes planning and a few hours to cook.
But sometimes I don’t remember about dinner until an hour before dinner time! Thus why I absolutely love a Pressure Cooker Pot Roast! This is insanely easy, fast to toss together and all made in one pot (including the gravy) so clean up in brilliantly small!
Fast Pressure Cooker Pot Roast
If you have never had a pressure cooker pot roast you are missing out! The brilliance of pressure cooking is that you can get extremely tender and juicy mean in a fraction of the time that roasting and slow cooking can achieve. And many times you can use the cheaper cuts and still achieve great results, thus saving you money as well!
I always pick a Chuck Roast when I make the Pressure Cooker Pot Roast. We love how soft, tender and moist they turn out. And they are usually more affordable as well. At least in our grocery stores.
Drizzle the olive oil into the instant pot. Place the roast into the pan and set to sauté setting. Season the roast with the Sea Salt, Garlic Pepper and Famous Daves steak seasoning. Cook until browned and then turn. Brown until all sides are nicely browned.
Combine the Chicken Broth, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ginger paste, and garlic. Whisk until well blended.
Add the Onions, Potatoes, and Carrots to the Instant Pot. Drizzle the Chicken Broth mixture into the pot. Place the lid and seal ensuring the vent is in the closed position.
Set the Instant Pot setting on Meat/Stew and allow to cook for the auto time (30 minutes).
Once it completes, turn the dial to quick release the steam.
Once it finishes venting, open and remove the roast and vegetables from the instant pot and place in a dish and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm while making the gravy.
Look at all that amazing goodness!
The Pressure Cooker Pot Roast literally just falls apart with just a fork! And every time the vegetables turn out perfect. Not too crisp and not mushy either!
Pressure Cooker Pot Roast Gravy made easy!
Now, what could be better than this juicy and tender pressure cooker pot roast than with a rich and smooth old-fashioned gravy? Visit our Homemade Lump-Free Homemade gravy recipe to get the best Gravy tips for getting the perfect gravy every time.
I use many of the same gravy tips when I make my gravy in the instant pot. I absolutely love how fast it is! The instant pot definitely makes it quicker than on the stovetop.
Combine the Cornstarch with the water and add to the roast drippings in the Instant Pot. Again set to the sauté setting.
Simply drizzle the gravy over your plate and enjoy a mouthful of perfection for your family dinner!
We tend to use this recipe for our family Sunday dinners. But it makes a great dish for any day of the week. Especially when you need a great dinner quickly.
The Best Pressure Cooker Pot Roast & Gravy Recipe in one pot!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Chuck Roast
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Famous Daves Steak Seasoning (or to taste)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Sea Salt
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Worchestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2.5 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/4- 1/2 sliced red onion
- 4 red potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup water
- Roast drippings
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Drizzle the Olive oil in the Instant Pot.
- Rub the Roast with the sea salt, Famous Dave's Steak Seasoning, and Garlic Pepper.
- Add the roast into the pan and set to sauté setting
- Brown the roast on all sides until brown.
- Combine the chicken broth, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, ginger and garlic and whisk until smooth
- Add the onion, potatoes, and carrots into the pot
- Pour the broth mixture on top.
- Seal the lid and close the vent.
- Push the Meat/Stew setting and run for the automated time and pressure setting.
- Once finished open the vent for quick venting.
- Remove the roast and vegetables to a dish and cover to keep warm.
- Combine Cornstarch and cold water in a measuring cup or bowl and whisk until smooth
- Add the cornstarch mixture in the roast drippings in the instant pot
- Turn to sauté setting and heat until a boil, stirring constantly
- Cook at a boil for 1 minute or until consistency of your choice
- Remove from heat and serve.
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Back to School Shopping Checklist Printable - August 11, 2017
- The Best Learning Toys for Kids - August 9, 2017
- Adorable Gender Neutral Hot Air Balloon Diaper Cake - August 8, 2017