This Mesquite Smoked BBQ Pork recipe is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield.
Summer is the time for grilling, BBQs and for great food like a mouthwatering Mesquite Smoked BBQ Pork. This is the time of year when we love to gather friends and family together and enjoy their company with great food. And nothing brings people together better than the most mouthwatering dishes.
But you don’t have to be a brilliant culinary artist to bring chef inspired, restaurant-quality meals into your home. You simply need the right ingredients and a proven recipe.
And it’s even better when the recipe is easy and effortless, am I right? Who has time for a complicated recipe, right? After all, not all of us studied at a culinary arts school. And many of us have kids running us ragged. Easy is a MUST for busy moms right?
Not to worry. Smithfield Prime award-winning chef partners are in your corner to help you host the most amazing dinner this summer, with easy restaurant-quality recipes for your guests. For example, there’s this amazing Mesquite Smoked BBQ Pork dish from Chef Seth Adams.
Mesquite Smoked BBQ Pork Perfection
It may look a little daunting at first, but truly it is so easy because it only takes a few minutes of your time at each step. Then you simply walk away and let it sit and work it’s magic! It’s a dream come true for a busy mom. And nothing is more mouthwatering than brined and grilled meats. Seriously!
To make the recipe really shine you need to ensure you pick a quality cut of pork like Smithfield Prime. Smithfield Prime Fresh Pork is made of all-natural, premium fresh pork that is 20% more tender than other leading brands of pork (without an adding solution).
It is hand-trimmed with the perfect color and marbling for optimal flavor. And with no artificial ingredients, growth additives, added hormones or steroids you know you are getting the best quality meats which we always watch for when providing meats for our family.
You can get Smithfield Prime in all your favorite pork cuts including Tenderloins, Boneless Loins, Back Ribs, St. Louis Style Spareribs, Boneless Chops, Bone-In Chops, Sirloins, Shoulder Butts, and Roasts.
My favorite is pork roasts, which you know from our Crockpot Pork Roast recipe. They make the best family dinners when Mom is rushed and busy. There are so many fun ways to prepare them and the leftovers are awesome for making sandwiches or nachos the next day!
So now that we have a Smithfield Prime shoulder butt roast, let’s get to the recipe for this amazing Mouthwatering Mesquite Smoked BBQ for your next summer gathering!
- 4 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 cup sliced garlic
- 1 gallon water
- 3 cups kosher salt
- 8 oz. fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 4 gallons ice
- BBQ Spice Blend
- 1 cup sweet paprika
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup salt
- 2/3 cup dark chili powder
- 2/3 cup cumin
- 2/3 cup freshly ground coriander
- 2/3 cup freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- For Brine, cook onions and garlic in stockpot over medium heat until tender. Add all remaining ingredients except ice; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and pour over ice to cool down.
- Place pork butt in cooled brine. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- For BBQ Spice Blend, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Heat smoker or grill for indirect cooking at 225oF. Add mesquite wood chips.
- Remove butt from brine and pat dry with paper towels; discard brine. Place butt on tray and rub with BBQ Spice Blend. Place in smoker and cook for 12 hours with medium smoke (vents open).
- Heat oven to 375oF. Use tongs, 2 forks or fingers to pull pork and place in baking pan. Slather with BBQ sauce and bake for 30 minutes with enough water to cover the bottom of the pan to keep from burning.
Prep time is 40 minutes plus 24 hours for brine
You will blow your guests away with flavor, and they will think you slaved away all day. Only you will know just how simple and easy your meal is!
Next, I want to try the Artichoke Stuffed Pork Tenderloins. Hmm, they look amazing!
Find that recipe and even more Mouthwatering Recipes at http://www.smithfield.com/PrimeChefs.
In the Utah area, you can find Smithfield Prime Pork products in your local Albertsons IMW, Fresh Markets, Maceys, and Dans grocery stores.
What would you serve with this Mesquite Smoked BBQ Pork?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield.
- DIY Bird Nest Necklace Tutorial - May 14, 2020
- Homemade AfterSun Sunburn Relief Gel with Essential oils - April 29, 2020
- Wholesome Fruit Filled Breakfast Cereal Bars Recipe - March 21, 2020