Make Breakfast great again! Try out this recipe for bacon, egg, cheese Keto breakfast Muffin cups filled with creamy faux cauliflower potatoes You can make ahead of time and then reheat
It has been about 2 years now since the husband started Keto. And he absolutely loves it. He has lost a lot of weight, but what really makes the difference for him is how he feels.
Now here is the problem…like most of you, I don’t have time to make multiple dishes for one dinner or breakfast. Meaning, I’m not a short order cook!
Keto breakfast muffins that everyone can enjoy!
That’s why over these last couple years, I’ve learned to make our main course dish KETO friendly. And then I add extras for the kids and myself. This way, everyone gets fed great food. And the husband can easily stay on keto.
The great news is that most of the KETO friendly foods I create for our family meals are very tasty. And the kids don’t even notice a difference. They just know it is really good.
That is the case with these simple Keto breakfast muffin cups. They taste so good – you don’t think you are eating “diet” food at all.
If you like bacon, eggs, and potatoes for breakfast, this is definitely up your alley! It combines ham, bacon, eggs, cheese, and faux cauliflower potatoes all in one easy to carry and eat on the go keto breakfast muffins cup.
But don’t worry- the Faux cauliflower potatoes don’t have an overwhelming cauliflower taste.
When you bite in, you get a burst of amazing flavor from the ham and bacon. Followed by the creamy goodness of the faux mashed potatoes with cheese.
As easy as a keto breakfast casserole but in single servings!
The other great thing about these Ham, Egg & Cheese Keto Breakfast Muffin Cups is that they store really well in the fridge!
I can make a single batch and have enough for the husband to take to work for lunch every day. Or I have breakfasts ready for him all week long.
But really- that only works if I can keep myself out of these! I find myself snacking on these at various times in the day. Especially when I’m feeling tired/sluggish and just need a little pick me up.
It’s an excellent option for healthy fats and protein.
One of my secret weapons to make this turn out perfect every time is my Thermapen MK4.
If you struggle to get recipes to turn out every time, this is a must-have kitchen tool. Actually, it’s a must-have kitchen tool no matter the recipe you are making. Every oven is different. Some cook hot, and some cook colder. And how do you know that the center is cooked warm?
The safest way to ensure all your food is safely cooked and to ensure you get it right every single time is to use a quality thermometer.
Over the years I’ve gone through several thermometers. The cheap ones just don’t last. Or they aren’t very active. Or, like the last 5 – they take FOREVER to read the temperature. And by then..I’ve already missed the perfect internal temperature.
That’s why I switched to the Thermapen MK4 and I completely love it.
Durable, and accurate reading every time. Plus it reads so much faster than any other thermometer I’ve ever used. No more missing the mark with his one!
For these KETO breakfast muffin cups – you want to cook them to a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees F. This ensures that each cup is properly cooked and warm even in the very center.
- 1 bag (12 oz) steamable cauliflower
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sour cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 12 slices black forest ham (or Canadian bacon)
- 1 Green onion chopped
- 3-4 strips bacon precooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam the cauliflower as directed on the bag.
- Combine cauliflower, cream cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, and 1/3 cup of the shredded cheese into a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Allow the mixture to cool as you prepare the “ham cups”.
- Take one slice of ham and place it into a muffin tin to create a cup. You may have to fold over part of the ham slice to make it fit smoothly.
- Spoon the Cauliflower mixture evenly into all 12 ham cups.
- Sprinkle half of the crumbled bacon, the green onions, and the remaining shredded cheese evenly into all 12 cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cheese melts
- Remove from oven and allow too cool.
- To take this to the next level, slice Almark Hard-Boiled Eggs to place on top. You can cut them in half, or fourths, or however, you want them cut.
- Place a sliced Almark Hard-Boiled Egg on top of each KETO breakfast cup. And garnish with more green onions and bacon as you desire.
- This recipe makes 12 servings (each muffin cup is a serving) - but be prepared to want to eat more than one at each sitting.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 135 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 30mg Sodium: 479mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 9g
If by some miracle, you happen to have any leftovers simply put the keto muffin cups into an airtight container and place in the fridge.
When you want more, simply warm it in the microwave for 30 seconds-1 minute on high. They will taste just as good as when they were freshly made.
Tell me, how do you eat these simple Keto breakfast Muffins?