The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. All opinions of workout playlist safety are our own.
One of the most common New Years Resolutions is to get fit and lose weight. Now while we are not focusing on the weight loss specifically. We are looking to be more fit. We have been working on our eating and fitness. We have both the Fitbit One and the Shine fitness trackers, both of which are available at Best Buy. The Husband uses one and I use the other. But what really motivates us is listening to our favorite workout playlist. There is just something about having a great workout playlist that motivates you to get moving.
Workout playlist safety
Studies have shown that music can increase the intensity and duration of a workout by as much as 15%. Unfortunately, most people miss out on those benefits because their earphones hurt and fall out during active use. Now there are a few things to keep in mind when you are working out to stay safe. Especially if you are like us and love listening to your workout playlist.
- Find music that is between between 120 and 140 beats per minute. Anything slower won’t peak your heart rate and motivation enough. Too Fast and it works against you and your workout.
- Don’t rely on music. If you are a marathon or race runner, don’t rely on your music too much. Some races/marathons have banned the use of music on the race. So for every 2 runs you do with music; do one without. And make sure most runs just prior to the race or marathon are without music so you are sure to still perform at peak performance during the race or marathon.
- Watch the volume. While we all love to hear the music. Too loud for too long and you can injure your ears and cause permanent hearing loss.
- Play it safe. make sure your music is at an appropriate volume that you can still hear sounds from your environment around you. You want to make sure you can hear of any dangers around you, traffic, dogs, etc to keep you aware of your surroundings and keep yourself safe.
- Use appropriate headphones. You want to ensure you are using headphones that are safe to use for your ears, won’t have cords that can tangle easily, and fit well into your ears without pain.
One of the best ear buds I have seen are the new Yurbuds at Best Buy! These ear buds are wireless and use Bluetooth capabilities. SO you don’t have to worry about wires or cords getting tangles or hooked on machines you are working out on; or on branches as you run by.
The Yurbuds products are ergonomically designed for comfort and exceptional fit, while providing best-in-class audio quality and durability. Cut the cords and unleash your inner athlete with the Inspire Limited Edition Wireless Sport Earphones. These Stereo-Bluetooth® earphones lock in place comfortably so they never hurt and never fall out. The 15mm drivers provide the biggest sound available, providing the motivation you need to #neverstop. These sweat and water resistant earphones feature full track & call control with a wind-blocking microphone designed for call clarity. The athlete tested battery lasts up to 6 hours and provides visual and audible indicators when running low. This is sound with no strings attached.
With yurbuds TwistLock™ Technology and FlexSoft Comfort Fit, these Stereo-Bluetooth® earphones lock in place comfortably and are guaranteed never to hurt or fall out. You are able to get Bigger Sound for music and calls provided by 15mm drivers Plus they use a Smart Battery that powers a week’s worth of workouts and provides visual and audible indicators when running low. They also feature a Dedicated Pairing Button for simple 1-touch pairing and are compatible with all Bluetooth Devices.
“We’ve cut the cords so fitness enthusiasts have less in the way of achieving the perfect workout,” said Daniel DeVille, Director of Marketing for yurbuds. “Designed based on user feedback, we are excited to deliver best-in-class wireless earphones that solve the needs not currently met by other wireless earphones and meet the rigorous standards of even the top professional athletes.”
Yurbuds ear buds would make an excellent Valentine’s Day gift for your fitness enthusiast.
Right now you can get 20% OFF ALL yurbuds coupon valid both in stores and online use code yurbuds20off. Also get a $5 Best Buy Gift Card when you purchase a qualifying Health and Fitness product at a Best Buy Mobile Specialty Stores. Both offers valid 1/19/14 – 2/22/14.
Find Best Buy’s large selection of yurbuds here on Bestbuy.com and Health & Fitness at Best Buy.
How do you get motivated by your workout playlist?
What do you love about the Yurbuds?