Our Travel Tips for kids plus educational games post today is thanks to Vtech and supplying products for review purposes. All opinions are our own. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
With the holidays coming up, that usually means a lot more traveling for families. As each of us begins our holiday travels make sure you have a great emergency kit for your car in place, lots of snacks and quality entertainment for the kids to keep them happy while they travel including fun educational games.
If you you have a hard traveler like I do, you know the idea of traveling for longer than 10 minutes in the car is not something you look forward to. But come the holidays, sometimes you have to put up with the difficulty so you can see and be with family. The boys have always been very easy travelers. They played with each other. Kept quiet usually and played well.
Miss Jade on the other hand is a nightmare. Even as an infant, it was constant scream the entire time. Try driving 12+ hours from Kansas to Idaho to visit family with that one. Thus why it only happened twice while we lived there.
Now miss Jade is older and while she doesn’t scream like an infant any longer, she is still hard to travel with. It’s hard to keep her happy and entertained in a car. Lots of questions. Lots of
“I want out.”
“I want to go home”
“Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!” at the top of her lungs.
Traveling is not easy any more.
But we have learned a few tricks to make it as pleasant as possible even with a tricky traveler like Miss Jade.
Travel tips and Educational Games
- Keep an emergency kit in the car. Always! You never know when you’ll need it. It is especially needed if you have a tricky traveler because it can diffuse a situation if you are prepared.
- blankets in the colder months. Kids like to cuddle and sometimes nap. Having a blanket makes them feel comfortable.
- Snacks. Pack lots of snacks. It helps them pass the time. It helps some with motion sickness. Make them easy to pack. Non-messy. And the favorites your kids like. Not a lot of sugar. that is just asking for disaster as your kids get on a sugar rush and then crash. But some sugary treats that are special just for travel trips are ok.
- Drinks. Just like snacks, drinks are important. There is nothing worse than traveling and being thirsty and not able to quench it. But make sure you don’t overdo it or else you will be stopping every few minutes for potty breaks.
- Toys. Bring toys to keep the kids entertained and play with while you travel.
- Books. We always bring books to read while we travel. The kids can enjoy a fun story and picture book when all else fails and sometimes it calms the mind enough that they can then take a nap.
- Coloring. Bring coloring supplies so that the kids can color as you travel. This usually keeps the kids happy for at least 20 minutes at a time.
- Vtech Innotab and new Vtech Innotab games!
Our Vtech innotab3 is a lifesaver when it comes to traveling. Make sure you have a good back up rechargeable battery pack because your kids will run down the batteries so fast; because they will play this game the entire time!
Our last trip to Idaho to see family; we took along our Vtech Innotab 3 and it helped keep all three kids entertained. They took turns and it was fun for them to play new games.
Now the trick is making sure you have new educational games with your innotab. Just a game that they have played a million times before is not going to cut it. They will get bored. Vtech came out with two new games recently that we tried out and the kids were quite happy! I Spy and Pixar Play!
We have always been fans of I Spy. We even play the I Spy game as we travel. Usually say, “I spy something green…” and then everyone else tries to guess what you see. The person who gets it right gets to go next.
We also have a big collection of the I Spy books that we often take along on trips because it is a great way to entertain the kids while traveling.
So I love the new I Spy game for the Innotab 3. the I SPY games offers
- early reading skills
- problem solving
- riddles to solve
- 50 levels of play for many hours of entertainment
- matching and sorting skills
- logic, vocabulary and visual discrimination skills
- and lots more
But because the kids also like to change things up it is always good to have backup educational games from Vtech; like Pixar Play.
Pixar Play brings your favorite Pixar cartoons to life in this fun game. Miss Jade absolutely loves this one and plays it all the time. Plus it has read-a-long stories that she can follow along and learn new words and hear a fun story at the same time.
Pixar Play teaches
- beginning letters
- and more
Overall, including educational games in your travel plans helps pass the time and keeps the kids happy. Plus Mom and Dad can be happy because the kids are happy, not fighting and learning at the same time they are playing.
Obviously the new Vtech I Spy and Pixar Play games are great for more than just traveling; but for any time in the week at home or on the go. And you can feel good knowing the kids aren’t just on another electronic, but are taking part in educational games to help them learn.
Plus the cartridges are compatible with all current InnoTab models and will also work with new models that will be released later this year, including the InnoTab MAX .
Find even more fun Educational games by clicking over to the learning cartridges page. You can also purchase all your Vtech Innotab 3 needs on Amazon. You can also follow Vtech on Twitter and Facebook to learn more.
Educational Games Giveaway
I’m excited to let you know that you too can win these fun Educational games from Vtech! Just enter via the entry form below!
- Giveaway is open to USA residents only ages 18+.
- Not following entry methods as directed will disqualify your entries.
- Giveaway ends 11:59pm EST 20 November 2014
What are your top travel tips?
What educational games do you like to take on trips?
Giveaway is now closed. See the winner/s on our Winners Page.