I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Zarbee’s Naturals. I received a promotional item and a product sample as a thank you for participating. We hope you will find our top 10 natural congestion relief tips helpful!
Spring is here and that means a lot more seasonal congestion! Tell me; how many of you could use some great natural congestion relief ideas right about now? I know I sure do! I wake up every morning congested and fight it all day long. Don’t you just love the seasonal congestion? (Yes, that was laced with sarcasm!)
I have to fight my seasonal congestion and fight it hard. If I let it continue; not only do I suffer from the congestion; but it also triggers my migraines. That is so not fun! So I know not to mess around when it comes to congestion. But I’m also not a fan of taking a lot of manufactured medications. I much prefer the natural congestion relief options first. And most of the time I can get congestion relief without having to use pharmaceutical meds!
Top Natural congestion relief tips!
- Water! Seriously; keep your body hydrated. It helps to clear out congestion and other mucus in your body.
- Wash hands! If you have been outside make sure you wash your hands to remove any dust, dirt, or other microbes that can trigger your seasonal congestion.
- Blow your nose! As obvious as this one should be; sometimes we still forget. And the excess mucus only builds and contributes to the congestion. Be sure to clear out your nose frequently throughout the day. Don’t let it continue to build up sinus pressure. If you can blow your nose; do it.
- Use a humidifier and/or Essential oil diffuser. Keeping the air humid can dramatically offer congestion relief by adding moisture to the air, which helps to thin the mucus in your nose.
- Others swear by using a Neti Pot. I have never been brave enough to try this. But my Mother-in-law and many friends/family members swear by it. I need to get over my fear and just do it.
- Apply hot or cold packs across the bridge of your nose to help ease stuffiness. It is a short term relief; as it doesn’t help long term. But it will offer you some immediate relief from sinus pressure pain.
- Garlic. No joke. Garlic can help improve sinus health and boosts your immune system and even prevent more severe seasonal congestion. Add extra garlic in your dinner or take garlic supplements. Just be aware of how potent you may become.
- Sleep elevated. It is important to get ample sleep to keep your body healthy. Sleep with an extra pillow propped behind you to allow your sinuses to drain in the night so they don’t continue to clog. Also keep your room at a comfortable temperature. Not too hot and not too cold.
- Use essential oils. I always diffuse essential oils in the house to combat seasonal congestion. As well as apply it to my feet and sinus pressure points before going to bed. I use a few different blends called Aspire and Breezy; but single oils work great too. Usually peppermint and Eucalyptus are included for best results. I also blend in lemon, birch, and ravensara. Or sometimes pine needles, Spruce, rosemary, cypress, myrtle, marjoram and saro.
- Use Zarbee’s Naturals decongestant. Sometimes you just need a little extra help. And while many reach for regular OTC decongestants; I like to first reach for the natural OTC options. Zarbee’s naturals is a great option because of it’s natural ingredients and the use of Butterbur.
Zarbee’s seasonal Relief is free of gluten and dyes. And is proven to work quickly and consistently without side effects such as drowsiness or grogginess. Zarbee’s seasonal relief uniquely contains Butterbur. This is the first time I’ve seen a congestion relief product that uses butterbur in the USA. I’ve heard of it frequently when we lived in Germany; but haven’t been able to find it since moving back to the USA until now.
ButterBur grows wild along rivers, ditches and marshes worldwide, though the butterbur in Zarbee’s comes from farms in Germany. It has been used for congestion relief in Europe for a very long time and is widely popular over there. It is just recently making it’s debut here in the USA.
To use you simply take one tablet at a time as needed for congestion relief. Not to exceed 3 tablets daily. And each tablet, although swallowed whole; definitely has that herbal/plant taste. So just be aware of that. But it has worked amazing on my congestion. And it works quickly too! I can usually feel a difference 15-20 minutes after taking it! I am able to breathe easily again. And I can now enjoy more outdoor living without worrying about getting congested.
Every time someone visits the Seasonal Relief Project website to share how Zarbee’s Naturals’ Seasonal Relief with Butterbur worked for them, the brand is donating to four causes that support exposure to and the protection of fresh air! Plus you can get a free sample to test it out for yourself just by visiting. So go get yourself your free sample!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. As a reminder, Zarbee’s Naturals Seasonal Relief is intended for children 12 years of age and above.
What are your top natural congestion relief tips?
Which congestion relief tip works best for you?