Our Thankful for you Goblet Gift idea is available because I’ve partnered with “Love The GIVE” this Holiday season to help thank a veteran! I hope you will join me and show those who defend our country every day, how grateful you are for all they sacrifice for us!
Halloween is over so it’s time to put away the spider webs and spooky lights. According to the stores, it’s time to break out the Christmas decor, but not at my house!
Now is the time to pull out the Thanksgiving decor. We are firm believers in not skipping this important holiday! A time when we need to remember all we are blessed with and show our gratitude. But that is not the only thing we honor this month. Did you know that November is Military Family Month? We also honor Veterans Day and all Military this month! It’s a very special month for us.
The husband’s grandpa served in the Air Force. My uncle and cousin and nephew served/is currently serving in the Air Force. My other nephew and cousins serve in the army.
The husband served as Military Police in the army with a 15 month tour in Iraq. I was an army wife! Our kids were army brats! We still have many dear friends currently serving in the military and stationed all over the world.
As you can see veterans have greatly touched our lives! So as I pull out the Thanksgiving decor I also proudly display the husband in his uniform. The fact that he served and came back is a blessing I’m ever thankful for. And I’m so proud of him and the service he gave to our country, even though it was some of the hardest years of our lives.
It’s time to Thank a Veteran
What better time to remember and be thankful for those who serve to protect us than in the month dedicated to being thankful?
Take the time to thank a veteran or someone currently serving in the military or our police, EMTs and firefighters! Tell them how much you are thankful for what they do to keep us safe!
A simple idea is this easy I’m thankful for you goblet gift.
I picked up this awesome goblet at my local craft store. But any fun container will work if you can’t find something similar.
Also pick up a little card, and sticky letters so you can make a nice Thank you card.
Fill it with some quality chocolate or their favorite treat.
Add a ribbon or a note saying you are Thankful for their service and all that means to you. I used the letter stickers to write Thank you on the outside of the card.
Hand deliver on Veterans day, or do a fun secret ding dong ditch! This is where you leave it on their porch, ring the doorbell and hide. They will get a great gift and you can remain anonymous.
But even better, this month take a photo of you doing a service! And then share it online with the #GIVE2VETERANS hashtag !
The Love the GIVE foundation will donate $1 to the Bob Woodruff Foundation every time someone uses the #GIVE2VETERANS hashtag to support veterans and their families — up to $500K — so let’s all give back!
And be sure to follow and Tag Love The Give on their social sites
- Instagram handle:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/lovethegive/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lovethegive
More ideas to Thanks a Veteran and offer service to a veteran include
- Mow their lawn
- Wash their windows
- Weed their flowerbeds
- Give them flowers or a beautiful house plant
- “FLAG their house” (buy mini american Flags and line their front lawn with them to fly in honor)
- Take out their trash
- Sweep their steps/sidewalk/driveway
- Deliver a plate of baked goodies
- If someone in the military is at the same restaurant as you, send them a drink or dessert and have it put on your bill
- See a veterans group selling poppy flowers? Purchase and wear one. These proceeds go to support veterans
- Ask a veteran to tell you about their service. And listen with interest and then thank them for what they did.
- Send a care package to a current military member who is deployed – they get lonely and any news from home is very welcome and brightens their day.
Join me in sharing a service photo on social media with the hashtag #Give2Veterans and share your support for those who give everything each day to protect you all year long!
What veteran will you thank this year?
How will you Thank a Veteran this year?
- Wholesome Fruit Filled Breakfast Cereal Bars Recipe - March 21, 2020
- Adorable and Easy Thanksgiving Turkey Wreath for your front door - November 19, 2019
- How to make the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies from scratch with Peanut Butter Twist - October 30, 2019