I participated in an Influencer Activation Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Sprint. I received a sample device to facilitate this review and a promotional item to thank me for participating. I hope you enjoy learning about the new Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport.
It’s that time again! Time to learn about yet another cool cell phone! All in the hopes that MomCentral, Sprint and Myself can help you find the best phone to fit with what you want out of a cell phone! Cause lets face it, when we go to upgrade our phones; the options can be quite overwhelming. Sadly this is the 2nd to last feature we have scheduled. It has been a blast. But don’t worry; we have been saving the best ones for last. My favorite phone so far…the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport!
Loving on the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport
I absolutely adore the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport. Love love love it! But let me give you the specs on this phone before I get into why I’m crazy about my Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport. Are you ready for this? This phone has a lot of features. Let me say that again…A LOT of features!
- Android™ 4.4.2, KitKat
- 2.5GHz quad-core processor (Qualcomm® Snapdragon® MSM8974AB chipset)
- Multi Window™2 allows users to seamlessly toggle between applications without closing a window or opening a new page
- Quick Connect defaults to the best technology to share your content, send files, share your screen or control nearby devices
- NFC (near field communication) allowing the device to read information from everyday objects, such as stickers and posters embedded with NFC chips, or for use as a mobile wallet to make secure purchases
- Samsung Knox™ to help ensure that businesses have the security and control they require to protect sensitive data
- Personal and business email, as well as IM through Google Hangouts™
- Google Mobile™ wireless services, such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ for Android, Google Calendar™, Drive and YouTube™
- 3G/4G LTE mobile hotspot capability supporting up to 10 Wi-Fi® enabled devices simultaneously
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- HD Voice, virtually eliminating background noise and sound quality is dramatically enhanced on a call between two Sprint HD Voice-enabled devices on upgraded areas of the Sprint network
- IP67 water and dust resistant3
- Textured body for increased grip and three hard keys for easier navigation when active
Samsang Galaxy S5 Sport apps
What makes the S5 Sport unique from other Samsung Galaxy phones is the emphasis on Sports and fitness. If you are a health guru, like sports, or just trying to reclaim your health you will love this phone! Samsung Telecommunications America and a collaboration with health and fitness market leaders Under Armour and MapMyFitness have teamed up to offer mobile solutions for today’s active lifestyles through the new Samsung Galaxy S 5 Sport. It features key apps to emphasize health Such as:
Sprint Fit LiveSM. This delivers instant access to favorite health and activity apps from the active wallpaper or the full screen experience to tailor workouts, music and healthy living content to fitness interests and routine
- Track, monitor, and share workout activity with 12 months of free MapMyFitness MVP, which includes premium content such as customized audio coaching, training plans, live tracking and more. MapMyFitness is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Under Armour, a leading performance and innovation brand.
- Access Spotify Workout playlists with free Spotify premium for six months for customers who are on Sprint Framily plans or three months for other Sprint customers.
- Live the Healthy Lifestyle by receiving updated smart, contextual health and fitness content.
- Customize the look and feel of fitness tracking, education, music and healthy living content displayed on the wallpaper or full screen experience.
MapMyFitness uses GPS to track all fitness activities, and records workout details, including duration, distance, pace, speed, elevation, calories burned and route traveled on an interactive map. Let me tell you this app is awesome. I hate tracking my own stuff. Meaning trying to figure it out and logging it away. No I just like to walk. So having the app that can figure it all out for me and record it is such a lifesaver. It encourages me to workout more often!
Activity Zone offers the ability to open active lifestyle features, including a Barometer, Compass, Flashlight and Stopwatch, from a single screen
S Health™1, an integrated mobile health platform to access health info, map out your workouts and make healthier eating choices, even measure your heart rate when touching the back of Galaxy S 5 Sport Now the husband loves the health aspect of this phone. He’s the health guru. I should have let him play with it more than I did. But I sort of took it over. I just love it. It works so fast and has so many other fun features that I just adore! Though I know I need to use the sport features more often.
Samsang Galaxy S5 Sport Entertainment
Ok. So there are a lot of specs to this phone. I told you it had a lot. If you also like your entertainment mobile; this phone also sports
- Dual Cameras: 16-megapixel rear-facing Phase Detection Auto Focus camera with Zero Shutter Lag, flash and video capture, and 2-megapixel front-facing camera with full HD recording at 30fps
- Studio, a complete photo and video editing suite
- Google Play™ with more than 1 million apps, millions of songs and books, and thousands of movies
- Samsung Smart Remote simplifies searching and recommends TV, movies and sports according to personal tastes. With Smart Remote and the built-in IR blaster, Galaxy S 5 Sport functions as a remote control for home theater equipment.
- Air View™ lets you hover your finger over photos, files, links and text for an instant preview
- 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- Stereo Bluetooth® 4.0
I personally love the talk action. Just like all other Samsung galaxy phones, you can make commands just by talking to your galaxy. I can capture photos, swipe pages and find locations with talk instead of having to type it all in.
I also love the Swipe capability on the keyboard. I love the swipe. I can text so much faster, instead of having to key in each letter individually. Switching back and forth between all my social media accounts goes so quickly. I never get stuck with lag. And as a busy blogger and mom who loves to show off her kids on social media sites; I’m always on Facebook, instagram, pinterest and Google+ or just surfing the internet. And I can go between each social site quickly and the chrome browser works quite fast as well!
Samsang Galaxy S5 Sport Camera
But I also love the photo and display quality. It far surpasses all of the cell phones I’ve tried. With lots of options for capturing photos.
Plus there is easy editing right on the camera before you even share it!
Check out some of these unedited photos I took with the Samsung Galaxy 5S Sport! That’s right. Taken straight from the phone. No editing! I wanted you to see how amazing it is.
Not to mention the screen quality of color and details is amazing right on the phone as well! A much better display than any other phone I’ve tried.
I love that the photo quality is so great. I want a phone that can capture the beautiful sunrise/sunset of the day or the beautiful flowers I pass on my walks. Now my phone can track my physical activity, provide the music for my walk and capture the beautiful scenery all at once!
Samsang Galaxy S5 Sport Battery
And we can’t forget to talk about the battery!
- 2,800mAh Lithium-ion battery
- Battery Talk Time: Up to 29h
- Music Play Time: Up to 77h
- Video Playtime: Up to 14h
- Internet Use Time: 3G: Up to 11h; LTE: Up to 12h; Wi-Fi: Up to 13h
Of all the phones I have tried, this battery lasts me the longest. And I am always online with this phone! And I don’t get low on battery until the very tale end of the day! no more running out of battery life at 1 pm! Yeah, that doesn’t do me any good for a busy mom who is always running errands.
I haven’t had to use my portable battery charging pack once with the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport! Now that is awesome.
Overall; this has been my favorite phone we have tried out this year. By far my favorite. I think the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport is the perfect phone for Moms and Dads who want to be healthy; but not sacrifice features and battery life. You basically get the whole package with this phone!