Unlock the secret on the go snack tips for an emergency stash to circumvent the inevitable toddler meltdown. Never be caught unprepared again!
Summer is almost here! Yes! But that means more time spent out of the house. More time at the park. More time traveling. More time at museums with the kids and more time being away from the kitchen come snack time.
Being a mom to a toddler means that snack time can come at any time. And usually, it is almost always at the most inconvenient time for you! Seriously, almost always! That means when snack time comes, you have to be ready.
When my boys were toddlers, they trained me well. They would always need snack time while we were shopping or at the park, or in the checkout line at the grocery store. Toddlers don’t know the meaning of “just a minute” or “wait until we get home”.
They want a snack and they want it NOW!
And they will let you and all the world around you know it too! That is when I established my On The Go Snack Tips that I have used for all my kids. And now I’m using them with Miss Rose, our sweet 20-month-old daughter.
On The Go Snack Tips
If you follow these On the Go Snack tips you will always be prepared for when the Toddler declares it is snack time. Even when you are on the go.
Pull out the yummy snack and let them snack away. No more screaming toddler. They will be happy. Mom will be happy. Everyone will be happy. And no need to stress.
- Keep a stash in the Car (by stash I mean at least 3-4 days worth per kid- it’s always better to be safe than sorry)
- Keep a stash in the diaper bag/purse (the bag stash is usually smaller than car stash, think 2-3 or whatever will fit.)
- Use Non-perishable foods for the main snack because it doesn’t spoil and it can sit in the car/purse
- Use foods that are individually packaged so they remain fresh and don’t spill/make a mess. (Also think convenience)
- Keep a bottle of water packed as well. Kids get thirsty after snacks. They go hand in hand.
- Supplement with fresh snacks (fruits/veggies/etc) when you go on planned outings to parks. But you’ll always have at least the stashed non-perishables ready and available for any unexpected hunger strikes.
- Have some kind of wipe handy to clean up afterward (kids will always make a mess, even with a mess free snack – they are magical like that)
- After a snack has been used, always replace as soon as you get home so you don’t forget for next time.
So what do I pack for my toddler?
Sometimes it may seem easier to pack a bunch of junk food for on-the-go snacking. I mean it’s easy, right?
But when I pick snacks for Toddlers on the go, they need to fit into these categories:
- Easy to pack – Think grab and go
- Convenient – individual serving packages
- Non-perishable – so I can leave them in my bag or car so I always have some on hand and not spoil
- Easy to eat – not messy, won’t be sticky and think finger foods
This last week we were introduced to a wonderful option for a delicious organic snack for toddlers that is just perfect for just this purpose. It is delicious, full of veggies, convenient, and easily packs into the car or bag. Introducing the new Gerber Organic Veggie Crisps! TA-DA!
You can find the Gerber Organic Veggie Crisps in the baby food aisle in Walmart.
We picked up a few Boxes during our last shopping trip.
And can you say, “excited toddler”? Miss Rose couldn’t wait to give them a try! She loved the Gerber lil’ Beanies so much when we were introducing table foods to baby, I knew this was going to be a hit!
These Gerber Organic Veggie Crisps are awesome snack options! They are little crisps that are easy for their fingers to grasp and are fun for toddlers to crunch on. The perfect shape and size.
Not to mention they are 100% finger licking good! No really! Miss Rose “told” me so. After her snack time she literally LICKED her fingers clean, She just had to get every last bit of flavor she could get.
They are also made with real organic veggies and boast 3g of whole grains. They also only have 35mg sodium per serving compared to 105 mg sodium in the leading veggie chip/snacks.
Not to mention they come in these convenient individual on-the-go packs. Just grab one and go.
I keep a stash in the car, in the diaper bag, and in the pantry! So I’m always prepared.
The Gerber Organic Veggie Crisps are available in two varieties – Orange Harvest or Farm Greens. Our stores only carry Farm Greens right now. But I’m dying to get my hands on Orange Harvest soon. While Miss Rose loves Farm Greens, she would also love some variety from day to day!
And all too soon, they are gone. Oh, sorry, Miss Rose. You’ll have to wait until next snack time for some more! This is also such an easy way to sneak in some veggies into a picky toddlers diet too?
VISIT HERE to learn more about the new Gerber Organic Veggie Crisps snack options.
Grab the ibotta $1 Rebate for a limited time. CLICK HERE. You better grab them before they are gone…like these Gerber Organic Veggie Crisps with Miss Rose around..they go fast, the little snitcher, I can’t keep her out of them.
You can also find @Gerber on Pinterest and Instagram.
What are your best On The Go Snack Tips?
She is dedicated to helping you leave a legacy of moments and celebrated milestones for your family to treasure generation after generation.
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies with Peanut Butter twist - October 30, 2019
- Haunted Halloween Fireplace Mantel Ideas - October 15, 2019
- Why Cat lovers need a Quote from Nationwide Pet Insurance - October 14, 2019