This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and healthy mama® , but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #gethealthymama http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
As a pregnant mom, energy is a big issue. Not only do you have a little miracle growing inside of you that is sucking all your energy as it develops, but then you have other pregnancy trials that drain you of energy. So how can a pregnant mom increase energy and not feel tired all the time?
Increase Energy for Pregnant Mamas
There are a few things that Pregnant Moms can do that will naturally increase energy. And all that are safe while pregnant.
First, get more sleep!
This could be a challenge. Most mama’s suffer from restless leg syndrome. Others have a million potty breaks in the middle of the night that really limit sleep. Others are still dealing with the morning sickness. And while others are just suffering from so many aches and pains, they can’t hardly sleep. And then there is me, who has all of the above!
So getting a good night’s sleep is a challenge. So what can I do?
- Set earlier bedtime. Seriously give up the idea that you can stay up late like you did before you got pregnant. Take the time to go to bed earlier. You have to make up the lost sleep from all the time you get up in the middle of the night. So go to bed a little earlier.
- Limit drinks 2 hours before bedtime. If the potty breaks in the night are an issue, try to limit your liquid intake 2 hours before bedtime and see if you have less trips to the potty in the middle of the night.
- Turn off the Electronics! It’s been proven that electronics stimulate the brain and make it harder to fall asleep, and also inhibit a quality night’s sleep. So at least 3o minutes before bedtime walk away from all electronics with a screen.
- Exercise. I’m not talking about over strenuous exercise. But Pregnancy approved exercises. Also make sure all exercises are approved by your doctor. Not only will the exercise help you to be healthier, and give you better chance of recovery after birth; but it will also increase your energy and help you sleep better at night.
- Get comfortable. This includes everything from making sure your bed is comfortable by using extra pillows if needed. And ensure your room is the right temperature. As a pregnant mama, my temperature spikes at 2 AM! Often times I wake up roasting in the middle of the night, when the house is the coolest it has been all day! So I have to set my bedroom at a cooler temperature at night. I use just sheets and a very light blanket. And I also sleep in very light fabric clothing.
- Shake the ache! Part of pregnancy is the aches and pains that come with it. From loose joints, to siatic nerve pain, to just plain aching in every joint! Achy pain is very common throughout the entire pregnancy.
To overcome the ache of pregnancy, you have to be careful because you can’t just pop any pain killer. You need to ensure it is safe for use in pregnancy.
healthy mama® is the first brand to offer pregnant and nursing mamas a complete line of safe and effective wellness. Shake the ache is a safe option when it comes to aches and pains. It helps to relieve the pain, all while still being safe to take while pregnant and nursing. Thus allowing you to get back to sleep so you can increase energy the natural way.
Increase Energy Naturally!
The other way you can increase your energy is by what you take into your body. This means making sure you are eating healthy. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Drink a lot of water. If you are dehydrated or lacking in vitamins you will drag a lot more.
Being pregnant, I can understand that it can be hard to get in all the nutrients that you need. Especially if you fight morning sickness. Trust me! I know. I’m 7 months pregnant and still dealing with morning sickness and food aversions!
Now before I got pregnant if I needed a pick me up, I would reach for a caffeinated drink. But being pregnant that’s not a good idea. No we need to go natural here! So instead reach for healthy mama® Boost it up! Boost it Up!™ is a specially formulated protein energy drink for pregnant and nursing mamas.
healthy mama® is located in the vitamin section of Walmart. They are the first brand that is designated solely to the wellness of pregnant moms. And healthy mama® are new products that are helping create a new category at Walmart for Prenatal/Postnatal Care and how all the products are united under one brand.
healthy mama® has even more than just these two awesome products! They also have items for morning sickness, constipation, heartburn and indigestion, and more! Visit healthy mama® online for more information. Or visit them on Facebook!
How do you increase energy when you are pregnant?
Wednesday 8th of July 2015
I wish I'd known about Healthy Mama when I was pregnant! I had a terrible time with being uncomfortable and restless.
valmg @ Mom Knows It All
Wednesday 8th of July 2015
I didn't have any restless leg issues during either of my pregnancies. But I sure do remember how tiring pregnancy was!
Tuesday 7th of July 2015
These are great tips to increase your energy while pregnant. Pregnancy is so draining on your body, especially if you have older kids as well.
Monday 6th of July 2015
Great tips!! I was so unbelievably miserable during both of my pregnancies.
Monday 6th of July 2015
I haven't had any children yet but this line seems ingenious. Even the peace of mind knowing a mom to be is doing the best for herself and her baby is priceless!