I was offered product sample in order to facilitate an honest review for our indoor air mattress article. No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.
Welcome to the Holiday season! That usually means one of two things; a lot of traveling for our families or the welcoming of guests into your home. Take into consideration either way you need to be finding an extra bed somewhere. As a family that often doesn’t have a lot of extra room in our home; it’s not always logical to keep a guest bed set up. And when we travel; often times our family we stay with doesn’t always have an extra guest bed either. So that means it is time to come up with a portable indoor air mattress. But you don’t want just any indoor air mattress. So follow our tips to ensure you pick the best indoor air mattress to be used through your holiday season!
5 tips to pick the best indoor air mattress
1. Size. The first thing to consider is what size you need. Do you need to find a bed for just a single person or a married couple? Kids or adults? For us we like to have a good queen size mattress available. That way we can either sleep all the kids on one indoor air mattress or one adult couple. It is rather versatile. But not as big as a King air mattress that would cause problems trying to find enough room for it to fit.
2. Air pump. Does it have an air pump included? And is that an internal air pump? Electric air pump? Or do you manually have to blow up your air mattress? Believe me, you do not want a manual pump! Being as we are looking for an indoor air mattress; having an electric pump that simply plugs in is best. That way you don’t have to worry about always finding batteries to charge it. And you don’t have to try to inflate the mattress by hand.
Another important thing to consider is if the air pump is built into the air mattress or is it one that you will have to try to keep track of?
3. Quality– will it last. The last thing anyone wants is an indoor air mattress that is used for one season and then needs to be replaced the very next year. Look at the warranty and the material and rating that the indoor air mattress features. Visit the indoor air mattress reviews on amazon for a good heads up on what is good and what isn’t.
4. Inflatable settings- not everyone likes the same level of firmness in an air mattress. See if you are able to select different settings for how firm you inflate the air mattress. Also, some indoor air mattresses have an auto shut off in the inflation system; so you want to make sure it will shut off at the right time.
5. Will it go flat? The last thing you want is to wake up in the morning and find yourself on the floor; literally, because the air mattress couldn’t stay inflated over the night. Again to find out the quality of the indoor air mattress and if it will last through the night; you can do a test a few nights before and make sure it stays inflated. Before you purchase look for reviews that specifically state whether the indoor air mattress you are considering has a history of going flat at night.
With all of these features in mind; we settled on getting the Insta-Bed Raised air mattress with never flat pump indoor air mattress. We are already fans of the Insta-bed brand thanks to our experience with the camping air mattress we tried out this last summer. So I already knew it was a brand that I could rely on.
The Insta-bed raised air mattress features
- Raised height makes getting into and out of bed easier
- Carry Bag Included
- Inflated Dimensions: 78″ x 60″ x 19″
- Sueded top to prevent slipping
- Built in air pump
- Features never flat pump
This indoor air mattress features something so unique; I haven’t seen it in other indoor air mattresses before. The Never flat air pump! This pump is built into the mattress so you don’t have to worry about keeping track of it. You simply plug it in and you are ready to go. You can select three different comfort levels including Plush, Medium and firm. You can easily inflate and deflate with the pump. And it has an auto shut off!
That means I lay out the indoor air mattress and set it to the comfort level I want and turn the knob to inflate and I can walk away. It will automatically stop at the right level. Same thing happens when I want to deflate it! I just turn the knob to deflate and it runs until all the air is out and then shuts off automatically! No more fear of blowing out your air mattress, or burning up your air pump!
Then what really takes this indoor air mattress above all others; it has a silent air pump that checks the air pressure all day and night long. This ensures that the air mattress never goes flat! It will kick on and refill the air mattress. And the best part; it really is silent! I have never heard this extra air pump turn on! I purposefully deflated the air mattress a little bit and just waited for the next hour. It refilled to the right level and I never heard a motor at all! That will ensure a pleasant and peaceful nights rest. And best of all you won’t find yourself hitting the floor in the mornings!
The only issue we have had with this indoor air mattress is the comfort level. For us, surprisingly we found the air mattress to be a little on the firm side. Even the plush setting seems a little hard to us. But this could just be our personal preference or the fact that it is still so new and the materials haven’t fully stretched out yet to give a little more leniency for a softer sleep. But this is easily fixed with adding a small pillow top layer on top. Or we just need to use it more than the few weeks we’ve been having it inflated.
But most people on Amazon have all said this is one of the most comfortable indoor air mattresses they have ever used. So like I said; it is probably just our own personal preference that made it feel a little on the firm side.
It also features a nice compartment that lets you store the power chord inside the air mattress; and then folds right up and fits neatly inside it’s own carry bag. Making it the perfect indoor air mattress for traveling or for hosting guests over the holidays!