This Ladies Night Munch and Movie Mommy Party-themed post is brought to by Werther’s Original®. Party supplies were supplied to host our Mommy Party. No other compensation was received. All thoughts are my own work.
Every now and then it is just great to get together with your girl friends and have a ladies night. One of my favorite things is to have a munch and movie mommy party. This is where you and your mommy friends gather for a ladies night full of fun, games, snacks, conversation and a great movie! And I’m excited to show you just how easy it can be to host a great themed party with Werther’s Original® Caramel Popcorn, a little bit of time, and your amazing friends!
Ladies Night Munch and Movie party
First thing when planning a ladies night is ensuring you have the invitations. There are lots of ways you can invite by electronic invite, using FB events invite, or you can use the old fashioned paper invite. There is just something so fun about getting an actual tangible invite. And these Werther’s Original® Movie ticket invites are the cutest ever! You can easily print them out and use them for your own Ladies night Munch and movie party. Click on the movie ticket invites link, it will take you to a PDF you can download and print, cause I love you all and want you to have fun movie ticket invites too!
Then you need to plan for the entertainment. Make sure you set aside some time for conversation, and the movie you’ll be enjoying. But it is also fun to add in a game or two. Here are a few game ideas for your party:
- I’ve never. This is a fun get to know you game. Hand out the same number of candies or popcorn kernels to each lady. Then you go around in the circle and each person say “I’ve never…” and finish with something they’ve never done. And then everyone that has done it gets to throw their candy or popcorn kernel into the bowl in the center. Once you run out of candies or popcorn kernels you are out. The last person with kernels wins. Obviously you can also switch that around and call it the “I Have” game and instead of saying things you’ve never done, say things you HAVE done and those that haven’t done that has to throw in the kernel. It works both ways.
- Caramel Kernel Count. Fill a large jar with the Werther’s Original® Caramel Popcorn, counting as you go so you know how much the jar holds. Then when guests arrive have them take a slip of paper and write down their guess of how much is inside the jar. At the end of the party reveal how much is in the jar. The guest with the closest answer wins! You can even send them home with the jar of popcorn as a prize.
- Make your own Popcorn Bags. Give each guest their own paper bag. Set up a variety of craft supplies so they can each decorate each bag to their liking. And then when all the bags are decorated, fill each one with Werther’s Original® Caramel Popcorn as a fun snack for during the movie.
Ladies Night Movie party Snacks
Now you can’t hold a Ladies Night movie party without snacks! Make sure you take into account for drinks. I love offering a variety of juice, water and something carbonated. Making your own Sparkling juice is really easy and a big hit. That way if someone has health concerns they can still enjoy a great drink.
As for snacks I again love a variety of finger foods, fruits, veggies and of course popcorn. A big favorite among my ladies night parties is a super easy fruit and yogurt salad. To give some variety to the Werther’s Original® Caramel Popcorn you will be eating from the “make your own popcorn bag” game, try out this awesome chocolate caramel clusters recipe that Werther’s Original® sent me to try! It is super easy and a huge hit with the taste buds!
- 12 Oz Semi-sweet Chocolate chips
- 4 cups Werther's Original Caramel Popcorn
- Sprinkles of Shredded Coconut
- Line muffin tin with paper cups
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave or on stove. Stirring every 30 seconds
- Place Popcorn in large bowl
- Pour melted chocolate over popcorn
- Mix until popcorn is coated well
- Spoon into muffin paper cups
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut if desired
- Refrigerate for 20-25 minutes or until set
And lastly, enjoy a great movie! I love movies that are inspiring, heartwarming and even a few tears shed can be a great bonding time with your girlfriends. We just got Soul Surfer on DVD, and I just adore this movie! It’s an inspiring true story of teen surfer Bethany Hamilton, who lost her arm in a shark attack. But she courageously overcame all odds to become a champion again. It features stars such as AnnaSophia Robb, Helen Hunt, Carrie Underwood and Dennis Quaid.
For the finishing touches make sure you take lots of great pictures! You and your friends will love to have the memories for later. And be sure to share their photos with them on social media!
We had one of these super fun Ladies Night Movie parties scheduled. And then life happened. My daughter got sick. So I was going to postpone the party for the following week. And then I got sick. Goodness. Time is just not on our side. So we haven’t been able to actually host our own party. But I did make that delicious chocolate caramel clusters and took them around to some of my friends that I wanted to invite to my Ladies Night movie party.
They may not have been able to come over for some good Mommy time, but at least they can enjoy some of the goodies. And now my boys are indulging themselves in the left over goodies that they have been begging to eat for weeks. They don’t mind that Mommy is sick and had to cancel the Ladies Night party. Haha!
But you can still hold your own Ladies Night movie party. Especially with Halloween coming up! It’s a perfect time to get together with your girlfriends and have some time together before all the chaos of the Holidays begin.
For even more fun party ideas be sure to check out Werthers Online Community. It is an awesome community for caramel lovers! In addition to mouthwatering caramel recipes, you’ll find special offers, baking tutorials, and even giveaways and sweepstakes!
How would you host your own Ladies night munch and movie Mommy Party?
- DIY Bird Nest Necklace Tutorial - May 14, 2020
- Homemade AfterSun Sunburn Relief Gel with Essential oils - April 29, 2020
- Wholesome Fruit Filled Breakfast Cereal Bars Recipe - March 21, 2020